Board index FlightGear Support

Wind model aborting

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Wind model aborting

Postby mos111 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Hello

I am getting the following error which appears when the simulator first starts:

"Local weather: Wind model currently not supported with live data! Aborting..."

As far as I can tell the result is I'm not getting any winds at all.

Info requested below:

- FG version: 2020.3.6
- Graphics card: not sure. Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB (Is that the graphics card? It's a whatever is standard in a 2019 MacBook Air
- Does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport: I've tried in a couple of aircraft and a couple of locations and the problem is always there
- Where did you download scenery from: it's set to 'live download'. I also have a local folder added on that has a customised Navaid for one of the airports I fly into
- Output printed to the console: I don't see this
- Commandline

--enable-real-weather-fetch --prop:/nasal/local_weather/enabled=true --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/global-weather=false --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/local-weather=true --prop:/sim/gui/dialogs/metar/mode/manual-weather=true --prop:/local-weather/tmp/tile-management=METAR --prop:/local-weather/tmp/tile-type=live --timeofday=noon --disable-rembrandt --prop:/sim/rendering/texture-cache/cache-enabled=false --enable-terrasync --enable-freeze --enable-sentry --aircraft=org.flightgear.fgaddon.stable_2020.pa28-161 --airport=BIKF --fg-scenery=/Users/gaming/Library/Application Support/FlightGear/TerraLocal
mos111

Re: Wind model aborting

Postby Thorsten » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 am

"Local weather: Wind model currently not supported with live data! Aborting..."

What the error message says- either do not use live weather or change the wind model in the detailed weather GUI to 'aloft waypoints'.
Thorsten

Postby erik » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 am

Is this about the problem where aloft data is set to ground level when live-data is enabled?
If so it might be worth trying to fix this.

I did fix another semi-related issue today:
https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/codetickets/2537/

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby Thorsten » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:14 am

No, that here is something far simpler - AW has for offline runs a few wind models (constant wind everywhere, or wind only variable in altitude) that make no sense with live weather. If you select METAR mode in the AW weather GUI, the wind model is automatically selected to fit, but the OP didn't use the weather GUI for the job, he used the commandline or he had the GUI open and selected a different wind model at some point - so that's why we're getting an inconsistent set of options and the error.
Thorsten

Postby erik » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:18 am

Okay, understood. Nothing we can do something about.
Maybe a slightly clearer message would suffice:

"An inconsistent set of options was detected. Aborting."

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Return to Support