Board index FlightGear Support

Help! senery issues

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Help! senery issues

Postby CME-PILOT » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 pm

so I've had flight gear for about 3 weeks and found it brilliant, but anywhere in Europe and the UK is apparently underwater. I've enabled auto scenery download, but i it doesn't do anything.
please note i have no idea with anything like coding so i am a total idiot when it comes to in-depth technology!

much appreciate any help. :D

matt.
age 14
CME-PILOT

Re: Help! senery issues

Postby Johan G » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, Matt! :D

You could try downloading the scenery you need with the graphical TerraMaster scenery manager.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby CME-PILOT » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:18 pm

thanks!
CME-PILOT

Postby Joop Kruize » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:54 pm

I have the same problems at this moment. In 2020 I used many airports in the Nederlands, Norway, Mallorca ... but now I use Honolulu en Island. Europe has no scenery anymore, they are all under water!?. Also some requests SAR service!?. Now a new problem. Loading “TerraMaster” next to FG.? How do I do that? I have to study. Thanks. Joop Kruize also new on FG (one month) Windows 10 IC,i7 x64 bits, ACER, newest FG 2020.3.5.
Joop Kruize

Postby Joop Kruize » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 pm

First in nov/dec.2020 I used FG 2018 without this problems. Can I stil download the FG. 2018?
Joop Kruize

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 pm

do you have scenery download enabled in the launcher? if not, you should so FG can download the scenery for where you fly and you won't have only water...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Ovazor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:16 am

Or you could try to use the Terramaster to download the scenery manually. See http://wiki.flightgear.org/TerraMaster
Flying the Dakota
Ovazor

Callsign: OH-OVA
Version: 2020.4.0

Return to Support