Board index FlightGear Support

A few issues  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

A few issues

Postby aglunt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:26 am

Good evening all,

I am having a few issues and was wondering if anyone can help or point me in the right place.

My System is Linux Mint 20 and I am using the FG Appimage 2020.3.4x86_64.

My first issue is that I don't have the ability to start from a parking position. I have tried to follow some of the threads on the Wiki and here but none seem to provide the ability to start the simulator from anywhere but on a runway.

The second issue is on the ATR42-600 I can't seem to get the PFD and MFD's to work. The aircraft are from the GitHub repository and added through the aircraft manager. Again can anyone provide some help?

Many thanks and all the best,

Alyn
aglunt

Re: A few issues

Postby Johan G » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:46 am

I do not know about the other issues, but
aglunt wrote in Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:26 am:[...] I don't have the ability to start from a parking position. I have tried to follow some of the threads on the Wiki and here but none seem to provide the ability to start the simulator from anywhere but on a runway.

Only a few airports in the world have parking positions defined. They have to be added manually, but there is about 20000 airports available. That said I have seen some report that they do no longer see parking positions. I have not had that issue myself (using FlightGear 2018.3.6, 2020.3.1, 2020.3.2, 2020.3.3, or 2020.3.4 on 64 bit Windows 10).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:21 am

If you lack parking positions, turning automatic scenery download on and startig flightgear will resolve it.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby aglunt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Johan G wrote in Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:46 am:I do not know about the other issues, but
Only a few airports in the world have parking positions defined. They have to be added manually, but there is about 20000 airports available. That said I have seen some report that they do no longer see parking positions. I have not had that issue myself (using FlightGear 2018.3.6, 2020.3.1, 2020.3.2, 2020.3.3, or 2020.3.4 on 64 bit Windows 10).

Thanks I will keep trying to figure it out.
aglunt

Postby aglunt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:40 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:21 am:If you lack parking positions, turning automatic scenery download on and startig flightgear will resolve it.

I have Automatic scenery download on, When I was able to get the simulator to run without using appimage they appeared, but now they don't. I will have to keep on digging.

Thanks and all the best,

Alyn
aglunt

Postby Johan G » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 am

I believe both Keflavík International Airport (BIKF), Iceland, and Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (PHNL), Honolulu, HI, USA, is in the default scenery, and on both of those I can see parking positions.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby Isaak » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 am

There's a bug in 2020.3.x that prohibits the synchronisation of airport info via Terrasync (see mailing list: program crashes under big sur). Only parking positions of the default scenery and eventual custom scenery will be shown if you don't have the apt info from previous versions (= if you did a clean install or if you wipe your Terrasync folder). This bug will get fixed in 2020.3.5. Meanwhile: don't empty your Terrasync folder when you don't experience this bug ;-)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby Johan G » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Isaak wrote in Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 am:There's a bug in 2020.3.x that prohibits the synchronisation of airport info via Terrasync.

That would explain why I can see them. I previously had 2018.3.6 installed on this computer.

Isaak wrote in Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 am:[...] don't empty your Terrasync folder when you don't experience this bug ;-)

Thanks for the heads-up. :)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby aglunt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Johan G wrote in Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 am:I believe both Keflavík International Airport (BIKF), Iceland, and Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (PHNL), Honolulu, HI, USA, is in the default scenery, and on both of those I can see parking positions.

Thanks, I can get these now as I had to delete the folders while trying to get the non-appimage version to work. But these are the only ones.

All the best,

Alyn
aglunt

Postby aglunt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Isaak wrote in Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:13 am:There's a bug in 2020.3.x that prohibits the synchronisation of airport info via Terrasync (see mailing list: program crashes under big sur). Only parking positions of the default scenery and eventual custom scenery will be shown if you don't have the apt info from previous versions (= if you did a clean install or if you wipe your Terrasync folder). This bug will get fixed in 2020.3.5. Meanwhile: don't empty your Terrasync folder when you don't experience this bug ;-)

Thanks, That explains what happened. I will just have to wait for the next release.

All the best,

Alyn
aglunt

Return to Support