Board index FlightGear Support

Loading my aircrafts FG 2020.3.4

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Loading my aircrafts FG 2020.3.4

Postby S-KIMO » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Good morning all, I'm looking for some help ... I installed version 2020.3.4 on an ASUS TUF 765D (frame rate = 30 with B777) ... I have an “Aircraft” hangar with my personal models on the “Desktop” and I cannot get them loaded ... The message “No aircraft found in the folder C: / pierr / Desktop / Aircraft add anyway? " appears! When I click on the link, I go back to my hangar ... I updated all the drivers ... I have an ACER Aspire 7250 (frame rate = 3 with B777) and I did the same manipulation and it works ... Do you have any advice? Thank you
S-KIMO

Re: Loading my aircrafts FG 2020.3.4

Postby wlbragg » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:57 pm

C: / pierr / Desktop / Aircraft

What is with the spaces between all the elements within the path?

Should be..
C:/pierr/Desktop/Aircraft

And in Aircraft folder there should be your B777 folder, i.e.,
C:/pierr/Desktop/Aircraft/B777

And in C:/pierr/Desktop/Aircraft/B777 there should be B777-set.xml
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby S-KIMO » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello, No that's not the problem ...
FG loads the planes from the catalog and does not load the planes that I have drawn and which are in the Aircraft folder on the Desktop ... I give the path to the Aircraft hangar by adjusting the launcher ... Why does a computer do it and why the other does not? However, the path described leads to the correct folder ... There is a problem with the ASUS computer which is new and works with Edge ... Is there a configuration problem?
S-KIMO

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:03 pm

S-KIMO wrote in Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:52 pm:However, the path described leads to the correct folder

which folder, exactly?
it should point to the folder holding the craft folder... not the craft folder directly...

eg:
Code: Select all
             here --vvv
/home/myuser/myfg/Aircraft/mynewcraft <-- not here
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby S-KIMO » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Hello,
When I put the position of my hangar in the setting of additional aircraft files I write C:/pierr/Desktop/Aircraft and it becomes a link ...

In the Aircraft folder I have about twenty planes that I designed with Blender ...

When I click on the link, I return to my Aircraft folder which is on the Desktop ...
S-KIMO

Postby sfr » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:40 pm

maybe try it with one of the 'official' aircraft? E.g. install the E-Jet family from the repository below and see if it is being found. make sure to use a Released Version and follow the installation instructions.

https://github.com/YV3399/E-jet-family-YV

if you already installed the E-Jet family from fgaddon then i'd suggest to uninstall it first. this avoids any confusion with the same aircraft being installed in different folders.
sfr

Callsign: D-CSFR
Version: 2020.4

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:21 pm

S-KIMO wrote in Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:34 pm:When I put the position of my hangar in the setting of additional aircraft files I write C:/pierr/Desktop/Aircraft and it becomes a link ...

ok, this sounds correct...

S-KIMO wrote in Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:34 pm:In the Aircraft folder I have about twenty planes that I designed with Blender ...

each one is inside its own folder, right? and they each have a proper blahblah-set.xml file?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Chargement de mes avions FG 2020.3.4

Postby S-KIMO » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:18 pm

It's only a difference between my 2 computers ! Originally, I downloaded the 2020.3.4 version on my new ASUS, it does not work so ! I compare with the old ACER which does not have good performance...and this one works...Otherwise, everything is identical ! The hangar list does not appear in the choice of planes ! There is definitely something in the computer's configuration that is blocking...
S-KIMO

Postby S-KIMO » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:10 pm

Hello everyone, the problem is solved! Thank you all. In fact I was using One Drive under EDGE ... So I copied my Aircraft hangar on my Acer in the One Drive cloud ... When I looked if it was complete, everything was there ... On my ASUS only part Aircraft hangar in One Drive appears ... There is a delay to transfer to the Desktop and I actually only had empty folders of their subfolders and files
S-KIMO

Return to Support