Board index FlightGear Support

Weapon Replacement

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Weapon Replacement

Postby Ammar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:19 am

Hey,
I am pretty new to flightgear. I am using flightgear 2018.3.5 and I have added the bombable add-on. I am trying to replace the built in MK-82 weapon with a weapon that I designed. When I do that with the .ac files, my weapon appears at the tip of the A-10 aircraft nose and not at the MK-82 position. Is what I am doing right? If not, does anyone knows how to fix it?

I would really appreciate your help.

thanks
Ammar

Re: Weapon Replacement

Postby Thorsten » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:35 am

I thought the A-10 has a usable weapons suite without bombable? Many planes are equiped with the OPRF weapons protocol these days, of late I've worked some on the visuals of the explosions and I can testify that for instance the F-16 out of the box has a rather wide array of weapons with pretty realistic deployment modes.

So... are you sure you even need to do yet another customization? OPRF is kind of growing to the standard.
Thorsten

Postby Ammar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 pm

actually it is kind of a personal project I am working on. Can I ask what did you mean by OPRF weapons?
also I did not quietly found an answer to my question, do you by any chance know how to replace the mk-82 by my weapon?
Ammar

Postby Alant » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 pm

I am not surprised that you can not find OPRF weapons. It is a Flightgear thing. See http://www.opredflag.com/forum_threads/2711856?post=14320954
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: from Git

Postby Thorsten » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Can I ask what did you mean by OPRF weapons?

If you download the standard F-16 for FG, it comes with working weapons. These are compatible with other planes, e.g. the F-15, so their simulation of the sidewinder is 'the same' and you could - with a few checkboxes to enable damaging - start to do dogfighting.

So it's not an addon, it's a de-facto standard for warplanes on the FG repository.

do you by any chance know how to replace the mk-82 by my weapon?

Not in bombable, I've only looked into the OPRF weapons design, sorry.
Thorsten

Return to Support