Board index FlightGear Support

2d cockpit option -doesnt seem to work

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

2d cockpit option -doesnt seem to work

Postby agathosdaimon » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:46 am

HI,

I see P is listed in controls for the 2d cockpit but when i select it either nothing happens, or sometimes i might come up but the 2s panel doesnt reall match the cockpit of the aircraft i am in in that it looks like some generic cessna looking 2d panel that comes up even if i am in a beechcraft or an Airbus and none of its buttons and handles are operable, nothing i can click on

anyone familiar with this issue?
agathosdaimon

Re: 2d cockpit option -doesnt seem to work

Postby AndersG » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:29 pm

That's the expected behaviour with FlightGear - most aircraft have 3d cockpits and very few authors spend time on providing an additional 2d panel.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby agathosdaimon » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 am

oh okay, i just saw some pics of flightgear elsewhere with it having some nice 2d cockpits - i just was having ahard time seeing all the dials and things in the cockpit and moving the mouse over them only sometimes brings up labels
agathosdaimon

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:56 pm

it depends on the craft... some have tool tips defined and some do not... you can also hit CTRL-C to turn on/off yellow highlighting of all the clickable/scrollable things... i think this is also controlled by the craft dev so it is possible that some things won't be highlighted...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby WoodSTokk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:27 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:56 pm:you can also hit CTRL-C to turn on/off yellow highlighting of all the clickable/scrollable things... i think this is also controlled by the craft dev so it is possible that some things won't be highlighted...

No, if the object has a binding for interactions with mouse, it will be highlighted.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.3.0

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:54 pm

thanks for the clarification :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby agathosdaimon » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:56 pm

thanks - funny i havent seen any highlighting with the aircraft i was trying - i tried a couple of Airbuses and Boeing 737s - i didnt try control+c though i will give that a go.
agathosdaimon

Return to Support