Board index FlightGear Support

Is there a way to set time according to the region I'm flyin

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Is there a way to set time according to the region I'm flyin

Postby fischer1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 am

I'm on a very long flight and It shows the time of my current real-life location, not the time for where I'm flying over which is an hour ahead.

It also shows UTC

Also, now that I'm in the dark, is there a way to light up the flight deck full and bright? I see in a video on Apknite that the cabin gets light up with Ctrl+L, I mean something like that but for the cockpit.
fischer1

Re: Is there a way to set time according to the region I'm f

Postby tdammers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:10 am

The "current time" setting should synchronize the in-sim UTC time with real-world UTC, so timezones should be correct. At least that's how it works on Linux; I'm not sure how the time logic actually works on an OS that sets the system clock to local time (Linux generally keeps the system clock in UTC, and does timezone conversion on the fly).
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Return to Support