Board index FlightGear Support

Deteriorated aircraft views

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Deteriorated aircraft views

Postby phineaspgage » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Apparently with a recent update, my aircraft views have collapsed onto the aircraft. This feature had been functioning beautifully, allowing me to look around freely. Now it is as if my point of view is stapled to the aircraft skin.

I typically fly the Diamond Twin Star DA-42, but similar behavior occurs with other models.

Is there something I can do to correct it?

My OS is Ubuntu 18.04, with Flightgear 2019.2.0.

Unrelated, I have downloaded models of scenery from http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/~fgscene ... 2.0.1.html but I cannot get the "add-on" feature to recognize any of the files. IAny direction is welcome (I'll post as a separate thread if people can't find this buried under an unrelated subject line).

Thank you!
phineaspgage

Re: Deteriorated aircraft views

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Could you show a screenshot about the views?

Also you probably should use TerraMaster (a java program that pre-downloads terrasync scenery) or TerraSync (in-sim) as otherwise you have to redownload the entire 10x10 tile which is very inefficient ;)

Also, please update your nightly / build again as there were some bugfixes this past weekend. Depends how recent your fix was.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby phineaspgage » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Regrettably, I cannot post screenshots. I can take them, but I cannot get them onto the board.

I update my software prior to each session via sudo apt-get update && upgrade. My software should be as current as the repositories provide in real time.
phineaspgage

Postby Ovazor » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:02 pm

I had a problem with the views which was perhaps similar. It went away when I removed the old autosave file.
Flying the Dakota
Ovazor

Callsign: OH-OVA
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 am

A recent development of the view manager has unintentionally broken all aircraft-side implementations of dynamical views - I've brought that problem to the attention of the responsible person on the mailing list and we'll discuss what to do.
Thorsten

Postby Johan G » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:25 pm

phineaspgage wrote in Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:46 pm:Regrettably, I cannot post screenshots. I can take them, but I cannot get them onto the board.

This topic should give some useful tips and pointers: FAQ: Screenshots.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby mifi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Ovazor wrote in Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:02 pm:I had a problem with the views which was perhaps similar. It went away when I removed the old autosave file.

Yes, to my surprise, that worked!
Great!

Thank you, that was a very useful hint.
mifi

Version: git next

Return to Support