Board index FlightGear Support

Flight gear 2.6 only opens C172

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Flight gear 2.6 only opens C172

Postby aditya_vys98 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 am

I have installed Flight gear v2.6 and when I try to run the thing, it gives me the option of planes to select from,
if i select any plane and then select an airport, it would open c172 for flying.

for eg.
if i select 777-200 select an airport lets say KSFO and then select preferences like full screen
it would open C172 in a restored(small) screen.

i have tried re-installing it, I have poked around every setting possible can somebody please help me with this.
aditya_vys98

Re: Flight gear 2.6 only opens C172

Postby WoodSTokk » Thu May 09, 2019 8:31 am

Version 2.6 is very old.
Please go to http://home.flightgear.org/download/ and download the latest stable (2018.3.2).
Or wait few days, until the new stable release (2019.x) comes out.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby aditya_vys98 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 am

my system is pretty old to run the latest version smoothly but still i tried installing the 3.2 version that you mentioned but when i open it it only shows me cessana 172 as an option is this how it is by default that when you install 3.2 it only shows 172P(1982)?
aditya_vys98

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

Yes, you only have the 172 installed by default.
You need to install other aircraft to see them - if you go to addons tab, the first option is where you can set up the official "hangar" allowing you to download and install aircraft in flightgear directly.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby AndersG » Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

aditya_vys98 wrote in Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 am:is this how it is by default that when you install 3.2 it only shows 172P(1982)?

Yes, and please note that the year-part of the version numbers is very important, so, presumably, 2018.3.2 is the version you have installed now.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Support