Board index FlightGear Support

2018.2.1 Launcher issue

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

2018.2.1 Launcher issue

Postby camileck » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

FG version: 2018.2.1 (https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+arc ... flightgear)

Add-ons launcher tab got a new look. I tried to reorder my Custom scenery folders. So I hover the mouse over the right side of the list, then button appears. I thought I need to press and hold left mouse button on it and move mouse up or down. But instead of one line changing its position on the list my whole screen is being scrolled up or down. How do I change folders order? I know I can delete records one by one and add them in my desired order but I don't think it is the way it should be done.

camileck

Re: 2018.2.1 Launcher issue

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 pm

i've forwarded this to the dev mailing list so james will be more sure to see it...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: 2018.2.1 Launcher issue

Postby dany93 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:39 am

I'm wondering.... It seems that it does not work for "Additional scenery folders".

On "Additional aircraft folders", it works merely by left-clicking on "Move up" or "Move down". Probably correct.

As a (possible?) temporary workaround, look at the file "FilghtGear.ini", which for me (version by download_and_compile.sh) is under .fgfs/FlightGear
At line 43,
Code: Select all
scenery-paths=/home/dany/FG/Scenes/Perso/LFBO, /home/dany/FG/Scenes/Perso/LFCA, etc...

You will see this list, comma-separated, in the order.

Maybe just changing the order in the file and save? (make a backup before just in case...). For me, it works.
The Launcher was closed before and during doing this change.
dany93

Version: 2020.4.0

Return to Support