Board index FlightGear Support

Terragear find no Terrain

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Terragear find no Terrain

Postby powoflight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Hello
I use
TerraMaster: ver 1.12
Scenery Source: HTTP
LOG_LEVEL=ALL
and
Win7 + JAVA_VERSION="1.8.0_144"

I tried to update my Scenery folder but i hade no success. No update.

So i create a new Scenery folder and tried to syncronize e016n48

1)
Mo Apr 09 12:13:49 MESZ 2018:WARNUNG: Update < 0 (2)
Mo Apr 09 12:44:26 MESZ 2018:WARNUNG: No file to download. Server replied HTTP code: 404 for http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/terrasyn ... /.dirindex

This error is because on http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/terrasync/Terrain a lot of Terrain foldes including e016n48 are missing!!!

Mo Apr 09 12:44:34 MESZ 2018:WARNUNG: No file to download. Server replied HTTP code: 404 for http://flightgear.sourceforge.net/scene ... /.dirindex
I think this should be ok because no buildings are exist.

2) I have a lot of Error messages with

Can anybody tell what does this mean?
console output
Code: Select all
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.checkForComodification(LinkedList.java:966)
        at java.util.LinkedList$ListItr.next(LinkedList.java:888)
        at org.flightgear.terramaster.MapPanel.showSyncList(MapPanel.java:571)
        at org.flightgear.terramaster.MapPanel.paintComponent(MapPanel.java:896)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
        at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5217)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1579)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1502)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1042)
        at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(GraphicsCallback.java:39)
        at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(SunGraphicsCallback.java:79)
        at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(SunGraphicsCallback.java:116)
        at java.awt.Container.paint(Container.java:1975)
        at java.awt.Window.paint(Window.java:3904)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:842)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I have the logfile but this 4Mb !
Bernhard
powoflight

Callsign: OE-POW
Version: 2020.4

Re: Terragear find no Terrain

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:18 pm

if that's the server i think it is, it appears to be having problems again... it'll probably be removed from the available scenery servers until it has had time to be repaired and resynced with the master... if you can choose another server, i would do that... maybe not SF's server since they're still having some intermittent infrastructure problems... if you do use SF's server, you might have to keep retrying the update until it finally completes cleanly...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby powoflight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 pm

I will try it tomorrow once again, because i can not change the terramaster precompiled jar file.
powoflight

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 pm

i thought that portreekid had implemented the same DNS lookup stuff that FG uses so that it will pick one of the available scenery servers at startup... maybe not... ISTR a conversation about java being weird with DNS stuffs... well, there's like four or five scenery servers available... being stuck with only one choice is... ummm... painful i guess... i haven't seen these problems but TM doesn't get that much workout over here...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby powoflight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 am

It works today because http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/terrasync is now desabled.
Terramasters Syncronise all old tiles doesnt work. Maybe because i hav the wholw World?
It doesnt matter now because Syncronise selected tiles work.
powoflight

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:40 pm

ahhh, ok... good... i was pretty sure that selection of a scenery server had been implemented in TerraMaster (aka TM)...

synchronizing all old tiles is a large task depending on how much of the world scenery one has downloaded already... FG does similar and it is one of the things that can cause FG to be a bit slow at times... that slowness being affected by the speed of one's internet connection and the speed of their machine and storage subsystem... i've posted stats on the scenery numerous times... there's well over a million files to check if one has the entire world downloaded...

FG verifies if the individual files have changed by calculating and comparing checksums with what the server says it has available... i expect that TM does the same thing... especially when it is in synchronize mode...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Support