Board index FlightGear Support

Jetways Help  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Jetways Help

Postby BOAC134 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 am

Hi, I've been playing FG for about 2 years, and recently I took an interest in connecting my aircraft to jetways.
My FG version is 2017.3.1, OS Windows 10

Unfortunately, there are issues with the jetways in my game.

1. The jetway editor does nothing, when I go to click to place a jetway, there is no flashing jetway that should appear.

2. For the IDG A32X and A33X (the only aircraft I have that have the jetway position defined) when I go to click one jetway to extend, all the jetways nearby extend...

3. The night-time texture for the jetways are broken at some airports (LEBL mainly)

I downloaded my scenery from Download Scenery Automatically option under Settings in-game

I have searched the forums for any useful topics on this but I can't find any...
(If I've missed one/some kindly direct me to them :D)
I did see one topic that said the jetways were disabled? I'm not sure though...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
BOAC134

Callsign: BOAC134
Version: 2017.3.1

Re: Jetways Help  

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:58 pm

FG has changed how it allows access to some directories for security reasons... one of those changes blocked the animated jetways from being able to save its data to disk... the jetways.nas file needs a slight edit to point it to an allowed directory BUT there's some new jetways code that is trying to be submitted AND there's also a request by the core devs that it the animated jetways code be rewritten in C/C++ so that it can be incorporated right into FG instead of being a nasal addition... part of that rewrite request also points out that there is no need for data to be written to disk as it can be easily calculated when FG is run so that part is up in the air, too... it has also just been asked, on the dev list, if the new jetways code can be made to fit with the new addon format...

the end result is that it is going to take some time for everything to work out...

FWIW: the edit i made to my jetways.nas file is to simply change the data directory in two places... i don't think i've done anything to the editor code in my installation but the data directory should be changed as well...

Code: Select all
--- jetways.nas.orig    2017-10-03 22:59:00.169655976 -0400
+++ jetways.nas.mine    2017-10-03 22:59:00.169655976 -0400
@@ -439,7 +439,7 @@
    {
    runtime_file = 0;
    }
-  var runtime_file_path = home ~ "/runtime-jetways/" ~ runtime_file ~ ".xml";
+  var runtime_file_path = home ~ "/Export/runtime-jetways/" ~ runtime_file ~ ".xml";
   runtime_file += 1;

# create the model node and the door object
@@ -461,7 +461,7 @@
   var airline_node = model_tree.getNode(model_tree.getNode("airline-prop-path", 1).getValue());
   if (airline_tex != nil and airline_node != nil)
    {
-   airline_node.setValue(get_relative_filepath(home ~ "/runtime-jetways", model_dir ~ "/" ~ airline_tex));
+   airline_node.setValue(get_relative_filepath(home ~ "/Export/runtime-jetways", model_dir ~ "/" ~ airline_tex));
    }
   # write the model tree
   io.write_properties(runtime_file_path, model_tree);

i don't remember but the ~/.fgfs/Export/runtime-jetways directory probably also needs to be manually created... on winwhatever, this would be in %APPDATA%/flightgear.org/Export... not sure about mac but it should be similar to the first one (linux)...

i don't know about your #2 or #3...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Jetways Help

Postby BOAC134 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:49 am

Thanks!
BOAC134

Callsign: BOAC134
Version: 2017.3.1

Return to Support