Board index FlightGear Support

A little question about time speed up in FG

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

A little question about time speed up in FG

Postby alierainy1230 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:25 am

Hi all I was flying with my A318 today and suddenly time speeded up! I saw the sun move and it was dusk, and then evening, and then midnight, and then dawn and then morning, and then after noon and then the right time as if nothing happened. And the worst part...no errors whatsoever! <shiver> Can any one tell me what's going on?
google
Last edited by alierainy1230 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
alierainy1230

Re: A little question about time speed up in FG

Postby tikibar » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:44 am

If you accidentally (or deliberately, for that matter) press the 'a' key, time speeds up by a factor of 2. Shift+A slows time by half. Go to the Environment menu and Time Settings, there's a reset button to bring you back to regular human time.
Boeing 747-8 (rename folder to 747-8i)
Boeing 757-200/300 (rename folder to 757-200)
Boeing 767-300/ER (rename folder to 767-300)
tikibar

Callsign: CHT0009

Postby Thorsten » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:53 am

Actually, there's two different concepts here - you can advance daytime without changing simulation time, or you can fast-forward the simulation without changing daytime much.

The first does what is described here - it leads to a rapid change of sun position without changing the flight dynamics.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby bugman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:27 am

This is a thread created by a bot that I have now eliminated (blocked by IP as the bot has multiple registrations and is using the post copying technique for each). I've kept the thread due to the useful responses. Note that the post by the bot is a direct copy of:

Regards,
Edward

Edit: Note the google.com link that is out of place in the bot's post. This is a sign of a bot. If you see this, copy and paste some of the text into the search box and see if you can find a post that has been copied. If so, click on the "!" button for the bot's post and flag it for deletion. Cheers!
bugman

Version: next

Return to Support