Board index FlightGear Support

Change controls in specific aircraft?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Change controls in specific aircraft?

Postby sffy6 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering, I want to change the "6" key to toggle the battery and "7" to toggle the alternator in the C172. do I need to change the controls in keyboard.xml and in c172 keyboard.xml? and how do I code it?
sffy6

Callsign: N340VI

Re: Change controls in specific aircraft?

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 pm

ummm... 6 is the right aileron (roll right) and 7 is elevator trim (nose down)... 4 is the opposite of 6 and 1 is the opposite of 7... i don't think you really want to change them unless you have no use for them via the keypad... i've mentioned a few times about being able to differentiate between the number bar and the keypad in the code to give a little more freedom with the number keys but doing that is a bit harder than it i recall from my coding back in the day...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Change controls in specific aircraft?

Postby sffy6 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 pm

I do not need to use any of the numbers
sffy6

Callsign: N340VI

Return to Support