Board index FlightGear Support

flightgear close on starting flight

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

flightgear close on starting flight

Postby tonimark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm

when I choose my aircraft and pressing "fly" a black console window appears for 1 second and the FlightGear closes

- what are OS (Windows XP/Vista, Mac etc.) you running? windows 10 64-bit 8GB of ram DirectX:12 .0
- what FlightGear version do you use? 2017.3.1
- what graphics card do you have? 1 GPU:Intel HD Graphics 4400. 2 GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at an airport? -YES
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from? - I don't use any costume scenes but I attempted to install from http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/~fgscene ... 2.0.1.html
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?yes but I can't read it, it closes immediately after it open
- copy&paste your command line (tick the "Show command line box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher). -I can't get the log because
the cmd replies: <<device not ready>> on d:
on cd simulators <<The system is unable to locate the specified disk path>>

note: I am using a laptop with two graphics cards, for some reason
tonimark

Re: flightgear close on starting flight

Postby tonghuix » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Have you pre-enable the multiplayer? or enabled it before but disabled after.

Sometimes, I run fgfs with multiplayer pre-enabled by using launcher, but it force closed without any error, so I have to disable multiplayer and connect in the simulator UIi.
FG Manual Chinese Translation https://github.com/tonghuix/getstart-zh
tonghuix

Callsign: CPA112
IRC name: tonghuix
Version: next

Return to Support