Board index FlightGear Support

Carrier parking FG 2017.3.1

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Carrier parking FG 2017.3.1

Postby StuartC » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Using the latest Windows version of 2017.3.1, The carrier/ship parking is still not quite right.
Selecting a ship and parking area to run at FG start up, the ship is still spawning in after the aircraft which leaves me rather wet.
Tested with various ships set to start at run time and the success rate is less than 50%. The complexity of the ship model doesn't appear to have any effect on the Loading of its model at start up.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Re: Carrier parking FG 2017.3.1

Postby FighterAce » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I am having this same problem! Any idea why?
FighterAce

Callsign: FighterAce
Version: 2017.1.3

Postby daveculp » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:14 am

I've had success by setting the carrier speed to zero and by setting wind speed to zero (I made a Standard Day METAR scenario).
daveculp

Callsign: DCulp
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby enrogue » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 pm

I don't get the issue on Mac or Linux, but testing on Windows (in a VM) definitely has the issue. The carrier start fix code is supposed to force load the carrier while the splash screen is running & delay the FDM init, but this doesn't seem to be working as designed on Windows

The carrier fix for 2017.3.1 is here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fl ... 9f461b773/

In multiple starts of 2017.3.1 on Windows 10, I didn't even get 1 correct start on the carrier (A-6E on Nimitz as a basic test)

I pretty much have no chance of finding anything in the code, but I can put an email into the dev list asking about the issue
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby enrogue » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Quick question - do you both have TerraSync disabled? I'm able to reproduce the issue on Windows & Linux when trying to init on the Nimitz with TerraSync disabled
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Return to Support