Board index FlightGear Support

How to get to cockpit view?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

How to get to cockpit view?

Postby Raven23 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello everyone, I chose the 747-400 and Philadelphia Int Airport. I am at the airport and appear to be 'standing' on the runway. I can't get to my cockpit view to see my instruments and do my preflight? I downloaded tons of scenery and unzipped everything; moved it all into Airports folder; just like I seen in an online video.

Note: I have the menu bar in the upper left.... I can open route planner, even chat and stuff. But I can't seem to get in the cockpit.? It says on the end tab.... Boeing 747-400; and when I click on that, it says: Choose MP pilot. Then a popup box comes up, and it says: Pilot's online, but it's blank.

All I want to do ... is start from scratch. Like the videos I see on youtube. I want to be sitting in the actual cockpit, looking at my instruments, and go through pre-flight, startup, pushback, ect.

Please help; no one on live chat will help.
Thanks
New here; very new
Raven23
Michael PA
"Get control of your mind, SLLS, Re-evaluate, and make it happen."
Raven23

Callsign: Raven23
Version: 2017 2.1.0

Re: How to get to cockpit view?

Postby AndersG » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Make sure you have not selected a -copilot or -fo (first officer) variant of the aircraft - which you appear to have done.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Re: How to get to cockpit view?

Postby Necolatis » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 pm

There are 2 747. One is where you pilot the plane. Second is where you are first officer is basically on for the ride.

You seem to have chosen first officer. If you choose the other you should get the cockpit.

You can chose by clicking on the small '<' or '>' in the upper corner of the aircraft box in the launcher.
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Return to Support