Board index FlightGear Support

Voice keeps talking

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Voice keeps talking

Postby JosCiv » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi guys,

New to FG and I don't know what to do...

When I start a flight with no mather what plane expect the standard Cessna there is a woman talking about the weather conditions I guess but she doens't stop talking. I found one way to shut her up by shutting of the master battery but that isn't a brilliant solution :?

Someone got a better solution?

Thanks in advance!
JosCiv

Re: Voice keeps talking

Postby lomar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:57 pm

there may be 2 reasons you are hearing this.
1. the voice chatter that reads the chat/ATC messages Go to File>Sound and turn the voice synthesis off;
2. your radio is tuned to an ATIS frequency, so if you tune the radio to anothr frequency the voice will stop

Hope i can hellp you
lomar

Callsign: lomar
Version: nightly

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 pm

@JosCiv, that is definitely the ATIS. You need to change the radio frequency. To do that, either press F12 and enter a new frequency into COMM 1 and COMM 2 radios, or else turn the knob which is circled in red in this photo :)

Jonathan
Custom Venezuela Scenery
Programmer at the it0uchpods Design Group
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:24 pm

or just punch the button on the radio to swap the active and standby freqs...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Support