Board index FlightGear Support

Lateral speed

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Lateral speed

Postby Primnui » Tue May 02, 2017 1:48 am

Hi there

Does anyone have the idea of writing a code for getting lateral speed of aircraft from DEBUG > LOGGING

I've tried to use a code " <property>/velocities/lateral-speed-kt</property> ", but it doesnt work.

The spread sheet came with a title of lateral speed but no data shown below.

Kind regards,
Prim
Primnui

Re: Lateral speed

Postby jam007 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:42 am

See the Wiki Aircraft Properties and if the aircraft uses JSBSim you also have these properties.
jam007

Version: 2017.1.2

Postby Bomber » Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 am

Well it's a users support forum, and as such I can see you getting more visibility from a development forum (which we have many here).

you're basically asking a flight modelling question in the wrong place... try here for future similar questions

viewforum.php?f=49

It's not me being snobby.... I can see you've only posted 5 times before so think of it as a heads up..

Oh and the property you're looking for is /velocities/vBody-fps

U being forward back
V being sideway
W being up down

Regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Postby Primnui » Tue May 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Dear Simon

Im so sorry for posting in the wrong one. I would honestly say that i have not much idea on how using forum, thats my bad sorry ;P
However, thanks for the answer, that helps me a lot for my Thesis.

Prim
Primnui

Return to Support