Board index FlightGear Support

Unable to start most of the aircrafts

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Unable to start most of the aircrafts

Postby JayCee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 am

Hi all,

I recently installed the latest version of FlightGear and tried to fly some modern airliners (e.g., B737, B747, B777, A320, A350, Beechcraft B1900D, Bombardier CRJ-200). The launcher was used to install the aircrafts from the official fgaddon hangar.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to start the engines of almost any of these aircrafts (except for the CRJ-200). The autostart procedure does not work for any of them. Manually starting the engines according to the build-in checklist or some tutorials fails at some point.

For example, in the B777 the battery button is supposed to light up the instruments. However, when pushing it, nothing happens for me. The other aircrafts have similar problems, but for another switch or button.

I tried to get some debug output and discovered that, for the B777, the Nasal console reports "Nasal runtime error: nil used in numeric context" in line 46 of 777/Models/Instruments/MFD/eng.nas (see https://gitlab.com/fg777_seattle/fg777_ ... FD/eng.nas). The corresponding function is called from line 188 in the same file.

The problems occur for my Windows 7 installation and for different versions of FlightGear (2016.4.3, 2016.4.4, 2016.3.1). I did a clean installation (an older Version of FlightGear, 2.something, was removed before and I deleted the FlightGear files in AppData). As far as I see, there is nothing special, except for that I changed the install directory from C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2016.x.x to D:\FlightGear 2016.x.x. I tried the same aircrafts on Ubuntu 14.04 with FlightGear 2016.4.3 from the PPA and they are working without problems.

Do you have any ideas what else I can try and how to further debug this issue?

Thank you in advanced for your help!

Cheers,
JayCee
JayCee

Version: 2016.4.3

Re: Unable to start most of the aircrafts

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:41 am

The launcher was used to install the aircrafts from the official fgaddon hangar.

That doesn't seem to the FGAddon though...

https://gitlab.com/fg777_seattle/fg777_ ... FD/eng.nas

So, can you provide a clean example which is actually from FGAddon? Otherwise your best option is to contact the maintainer of the external hangar where the plane is from.
Thorsten

Postby JayCee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually installed the aircraft from FGAddon through the launcher. The link to the Git repository was just provided to show the content of the file. The corresponding file for the aircraft downloaded through the launcher is exactly the same (d:\FlightGear 2016.x.x\bin\Aircraft\777\Models\Instruments\MFD\eng.nas). Here's the file in the FGMEMBERS Git repo: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/777/blob/m ... FD/eng.nas

I did the following to produce the issue:
  1. Uninstall all FlightGear installations
  2. Delete d:\FlightGear* and c:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\flightgear.org
  3. Download FlightGear 2016.4.3 for Windows from http://www.flightgear.org/download/
  4. Install FlightGear
  5. During installation, change install directory to d:\FlightGear 2016.4.3
  6. Start FlightGear using the desktop icon created by the installer
  7. Open the aircraft tab and set up the official FightGear aircraft hanger by clicking the link in the note at the top of the list.
  8. Uncheck "Hide aircraft based on completeness" and search for 777
  9. Select 777-200 (not the "First Officer" version) and click install
  10. Open the location tab and pick a random airport and runway (e.g. KLAX 25R)
  11. When the aircraft is downloaded, click run and wait until everything is loaded
  12. Push the "BATTERY" button at the overhead panel: nothing happens (instruments should light up)
  13. Click "777-200 -> Autostart" in the menu: nothing happens (engines and other aircraft functions should start)
  14. Click "Debug -> Nasal Console": the error messages described in my previous post is repeated multiple times
JayCee

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 pm

I have just tested the 777-200 from my SVN copy of FGAddon, I pressed autostart and found myself in a working aircraft with displays active and engines running and was in the air a minute later,

Sorry, I can't seem to reproduce the problem.

I'm also not sure why you link a FGMembers version (which is a 3rd party hangar) to make the point that you have the right version installed.
Thorsten

Postby JayCee » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 pm

As stated in my first post, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on another system as well. In addition, I didn't expect that this is a general issue. Otherwise, more people would have reported it here. Most likely, it is a problem with my installation and not with the 777-200, since I get similar errors for different aircrafts.

But it would be nice to get some more information on how to debug this problem.
Are there other directories that may contain left over files from an old installation?
Is it possible to get more debug output and check, e.g., whether getprop("engines/engine[0]/n2rpm") works correctly and, if not, why?

Sorry for the second wrong link. However, this version of the file (as well as the one in the repo of the Seattle group) is exactly the same one that was installed when downloading the aircraft using the launcher. Next try: this might be the file in the correct repository.
JayCee

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Is it my A320 which is causing problems?
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:55 pm

Most likely, it is a problem with my installation and not with the 777-200, since I get similar errors for different aircrafts.

Which in itself is puzzling, because unless they happen to be written by the same person, there's no reason to assume they work the same way internally.

The file which produces the error is just the MFD displaying the engine status - so even if it is broken, it doesn't explain why the autostart procedure doesn't work.

Do you have any ideas what else I can try and how to further debug this issue?

Unfortunately not as such. I can't think of any reason why a particular installation/hardware/OS might show such problems and not others, so if I could reproduce the bug, I'd dig through the internal state property by property and compare what I expect systems to do vs. what they actually do as the startup sequence runs.

But that's not for the faint of heart.

You can try to run with
Code: Select all
--log-level=warn
or even
--log-level=debug
and post the whole console output/log file here in the hope that something sticks out.

Alternatively you can try to go through this with the maintainer (if it0uchpods A320 shows the problem, he can walk you through the diagnostics and that's probably the best way to find out what's going on).

Also, it'd be interesting to see some systematics - for what aircraft does it happen, for what does it not happen (might it be JSBSim vs. YaSim as FDM).
Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:05 am

Actually.... after sleeping it over, I may have an inkling what this might be after all, having seen something similar before.

Please check the failure dialogs and see whether there's not an electrical system failure checked (that'd presumably prevent batteries from coming on-line and autostart from working in a lot of planes).

This *might* just be a weird auto-saved setting that got preserved across sessions.
Thorsten

Postby JayCee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks for your detailed answers!

I checked the failure dialogs and there are no failures checked.

Setting the log level to warn or debug sounds promising to me. I will try this and compare the output of different working and not working aircraft to each other. Hopefully, I find something suspicious. Otherwise, I will post some outputs here. My guess is that the error in the MFD is just a symptom and not the root of the problems.

In addition, I will try to find out what the failing aircraft have in common. I tried a few and can't remember exactly which one was working and which one was not. If I remember correctly, the 777, A320, and Beechcraft B1900D are some of the not working ones, while the 747-8i, Bombardier CRJ700, and the standard Cessna 172P show no obvious problems. So it doesn't seems to be a JSBSim vs. YaSim issue.

@it0uchpods: Its the A320 family from fgaddon. So if I see it correctly, it's not yours.
JayCee

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:38 pm

JayCee wrote in Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:33 pm:[*] Push the "BATTERY" button at the overhead panel: nothing happens (instruments should light up)

this may be where the mistake is... i just loaded the 777-200 and hit autostart without pushing any other buttons... it started just fine and i was able to load my flightplan for KSFO to KATL, take off and go for it...

by you turning on the battery first, you may have triggered a flaw in the autostart code in the craft... some expect that autostart starts with a cold craft while others may expect some things to be done manually by the pilot and then autostart selected...

i know i've flown the B1900D numerous times... however, i generally fly the JSBSim flavor and not the YASim flavor... which one did you try?
i just tried it again and the only problem i had was getting out of the dirt parking spot at KSFO in front of the old tower :lol:

ive not tried any of the airbus craft lately but i plan to soonish...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:45 pm

JayCee wrote in Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:47 pm:My guess is that the error in the MFD is just a symptom and not the root of the problems.

this may also be that the property it is looking for isn't yet set at that point in time... i know i see things like
First time initialization of unnamed_component_7 to -0.702753
First time initialization of unnamed_component_8 to 0.702753
First time initialization of unnamed_component_9 to 0.653213
First time initialization of unnamed_component_10 to 0.39794
First time initialization of unnamed_component_11 to 0
First time initialization of unnamed_component_13 to 0
First time initialization of unnamed_component_15 to 0.778151
First time initialization of unnamed_component_16 to 0.60206
First time initialization of unnamed_component_17 to -1.29725
First time initialization of unnamed_component_19 to 0.113023
First time initialization of unnamed_component_20 to 0
First time initialization of unnamed_component_22 to 0
First time initialization of unnamed_component_25 to 0
First time initialization of unnamed_component_26 to 0

in the B1900D... those do, however, carry on for a while but there are times that other things are looked for that just haven't yet been set up, initialized and made ready for use... kind of a chicken and egg thing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:59 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:38 pm:by you turning on the battery first, you may have triggered a flaw in the autostart code in the craft... some expect that autostart starts with a cold craft while others may expect some things to be done manually by the pilot and then autostart selected...

i just went back and checked this and i'm at a loss... i clicked the battery button and lights did come on... then i hit F10->777-200 and clicked autostart and the craft started up...

just to be clear, i'm running the "next" code from the repo... it will become the next release in about 45 days or so... i update my FGAddon, FGData and repos almost every day... especially when i see there's been commits applied to them...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby JayCee » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 pm

I did some further evaluations tonight and checked a few aircraft. Below you find parts of a few log outputs of working and not working aircraft. I copied the beginning and the lines that look like errors to me, because the whole log files are to large to be posted here. Unfortunately, I found no obvious hint to the root of the issues, except for that there are more Nasal errors for not working then for working aircraft.

Hopefully, you can find something useful in it. Let me know if you need more information!

@wkitty42: Yes, my working FG installation on another compute, the 777 autostart works whether or whether not I push the battery button first.

Cessna 172P (working)
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:456:FlightGear:  Version 2016.4.4
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:457:Built with Microsoft Visual C++ version 1900
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:459:Jenkins number/ID 207:207
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2708:platform default fg_root = Path "../data"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:467:Reading global preferences
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:469:Finished Reading global preferences
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:708:Reading user settings from Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/autosave_2016_4.xml"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:260:NavCache at:Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/navdata_2016_4.cache"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:1321:NavCache: no main cache rebuild required
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:1134:init package root at:Path "FlightGear/Aircraft"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:52:reading groundnet data from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync/Airports/K/L/A/KLAX.groundnet.xml"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 16
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = c172p
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:138:Found language resource for: de_DE
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/sys.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'de' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/de/sys.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/atc.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'de' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/atc.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:enable-terrasync =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:enable-real-weather-fetch =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:disable-rembrandt =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:disable-fullscreen =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft-dir = D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = c172p
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:season = winter
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:launcher =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:log-level = debug
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:config =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2371:Using default download dir: Path "FlightGear"
general:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:405:read-allowed path not found:Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/AI"
general:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:405:read-allowed path not found:Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/Liveries"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2396:Using TerraSync dir: Path "FlightGear/TerraSync"
astro:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\scene\sky\cloud.cxx:343:initializing cloud layers
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:661:Configuration State
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:662:======= ==============
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:665:fghome-dir = "Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org""
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:666:download-dir = "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:667:terrasync-dir = "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:669:aircraft-search-paths =

general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:670:scenery-search-paths =
   d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync
   d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync/Terrain
   d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync/Objects

d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Scenery
   d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Scenery/Terrain
   d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Scenery/Objects

view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress init
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:121:NVIDIA Corporation
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:124:GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:127:4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.33
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:137:4.50 NVIDIA
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress loading-aircraft-list
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress loading-nav-dat
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress init-scenery
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:627:General Initialization
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:628:======= ==============
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:637:FG_ROOT = "Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data""
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\positioninit.cxx:323:Attempting to set starting position for KLAX:25R
event:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\timing\sg_time.cxx:90:Reading timezone info from: Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Timezone/zone.tab"
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress creating-subsystems
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:679:Creating Subsystems
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:680:========== ==========
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\scene\material\matlib.cxx:74:Reading materials from d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Materials/regions/materials.xml
systems:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Systems\system_mgr.cxx:41:Reading systems from Path "D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p/Systems/systems.xml"
cockpit:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Instrumentation\HUD\HUD.cxx:116:Initializing HUD Instrument
sound:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Sound\fg_fx.cxx:119:Reading sound sound from Path "D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p/c172-sound.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:326:Creating subsystems took:1542
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress binding-subsystems
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:334:Binding subsystems took:2
view:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:459:Splash screen progress init-subsystems
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/menu.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'de' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/de/menu.xml"
input:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\GUI\new_gui.cxx:358:dialog Path "D:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Aircraft/c172p/gui/dialogs/c172p-menu.xml" has no name; skipping.
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at /input/joysticks/js/nasal, line 5
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: undefined symbol: mode
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at /input/joysticks/js/axis[6]/binding, line 3

CRJ700 (working)
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:456:FlightGear:  Version 2016.4.4
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:457:Built with Microsoft Visual C++ version 1900
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:459:Jenkins number/ID 207:207
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2708:platform default fg_root = Path "../data"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:467:Reading global preferences
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:469:Finished Reading global preferences
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:708:Reading user settings from Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/autosave_2016_4.xml"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:260:NavCache at:Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/navdata_2016_4.cache"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:1321:NavCache: no main cache rebuild required
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:1134:init package root at:Path "FlightGear/Aircraft"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:52:reading groundnet data from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync/Airports/K/L/A/KLAX.groundnet.xml"
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 15
general:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\package\Root.cxx:189:thumbnail download failure:http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft/thumbnails/AirCrane_thumbnail.jpg
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.CRJ700
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.CRJ700
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:138:Found language resource for: de_DE
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/sys.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'de' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/de/sys.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/atc.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'de' from Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Translations/en/atc.xml"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:enable-terrasync =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:enable-real-weather-fetch =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:disable-rembrandt =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:disable-fullscreen =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.CRJ700
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:season = winter
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:launcher =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:log-level = debug
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:config =
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2371:Using default download dir: Path "FlightGear"
general:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:405:read-allowed path not found:Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/AI"
general:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:405:read-allowed path not found:Path "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/Liveries"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2396:Using TerraSync dir: Path "FlightGear/TerraSync"
astro:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\scene\sky\cloud.cxx:343:initializing cloud layers
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:661:Configuration State
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:662:======= ==============
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:665:fghome-dir = "Path "C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org""
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:666:download-dir = "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:667:terrasync-dir = "d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/bin/FlightGear/TerraSync"
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:669:aircraft-search-paths =
   FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:670:scenery-search-paths =

nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:585:directory(): listing '/' denied (unauthorized directory - authorization no longer follows symlinks; to authorize reading additional directories, pass them to --allow-nasal-read)
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: object has no size()
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 455
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 441
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 431
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/aircraft.nas, line 519
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family/Nasal/effects.nas, line 6
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at /input/joysticks/js/nasal, line 5
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: undefined symbol: mode
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at /input/joysticks/js/axis[6]/binding, line 3
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: undefined symbol: update_lightmaps
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family/Nasal/master.nas, line 129
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family/Nasal/master.nas, line 22
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/CRJ700-family/Nasal/master.nas, line 30

737-300 (working)
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 16
general:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\package\Root.cxx:189:thumbnail download failure:http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft/thumbnails/787-8_thumbnail.jpg
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.737-300
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.737-300
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737-300
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.737-300
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737-300"

autopilot:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Autopilot\autopilot.cxx:214:Duplicate autopilot component heading bug error computer/normalizer, renamed to heading bug error computer/normalizer_0
autopilot:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Autopilot\autopilot.cxx:214:Duplicate autopilot component heading bug error computer/normalizer, renamed to heading bug error computer/normalizer_1
autopilot:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Autopilot\autopilot.cxx:214:Duplicate autopilot component heading bug error computer/normalizer, renamed to heading bug error computer/normalizer_2
io:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_commands.cxx:1140:loadxml: Cannot find XML property file 'Path "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737-300/Models/Liveries/733AFR.xml"'.
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 460
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 441
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 431
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/aircraft.nas, line 519
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737-300/Nasal/liveries.nas, line 2
io:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_commands.cxx:1168:loadxml: Failed to open file
 at d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/canvas/wxr_api.xml

757 (not working)
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 0
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.757-200-RB211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.757-200-RB211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/757-200
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.757-200-RB211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/757-200"

nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at d:/FlightGear 2016.4.4/data/Nasal/gui.nas, line 460
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/757-200/Nasal/systems.nas, line 9
io:4:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_commands.cxx:1168:loadxml: Failed to open file

777-200 (not working)
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 0
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.777-200
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.777-200-fo
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.777-200
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777"

nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Nasal/systems.nas, line 15
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: nil used in numeric context
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Models/Instruments/MFD/eng.nas, line 46
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Models/Instruments/MFD/eng.nas, line 188
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: undefined symbol: Efis
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Nasal/warnsystem.nas, line 580
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Nasal/warnsystem.nas, line 605
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: nil used in numeric context
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Models/Instruments/MFD/eng.nas, line 46
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/777/Models/Instruments/MFD/eng.nas, line 188

A320 (not working)
navaid:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Airports\xmlloader.cxx:62:parsing groundnet XML took 12
general:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\simgear\simgear\package\Root.cxx:189:thumbnail download failure:http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft/thumbnails/787-8_thumbnail.jpg
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.A320-211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.A320-211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/A320-family
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.A320-211
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:log-level = warn
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/A320-family"

nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/A320-family/Nasal/systems.nas, line 60
JayCee

Postby JayCee » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 pm

And a last one, because the other post was full.

B1900d (not working)
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2048:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.b1900d
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:529:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.b1900d
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:210:found aircraft in dir: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/b1900d
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2346:   option:aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.b1900d
general:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:664:aircraft-dir = "FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/b1900d"

nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/b1900d/Nasal/systems.nas, line 6
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1141:Nasal runtime error: No such member: new
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1147:  at FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/b1900d/Nasal/kln90b.nas, line 14
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:1151:  called from: FlightGear/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/b1900d/Nasal/kln90b.nas, line 391
JayCee

Postby sanhozay » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Have you been editing your joystick config? It looks like an error in there is tripping up subsequent initialization.

Maybe you could look at the joystick dialog (File - Joystick Configuration), check which config file it is using and post its contents here?
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Next

Return to Support