Board index FlightGear Support

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing

Postby mrpidgeon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello All,

When I try and launch Flightgear, I get this error message. It says to reinstall the program, which I have done about 3 times. It does nothing. I have no idea what is causing this, please help.

I'm on Windows 7.
I have Flightgear 2016.4.3.
mrpidgeon

Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:58 pm

are you sure it is not talking about (re)installing the microsoft C runtime libraries? what version of flightgear are you trying to use?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby rominet » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:39 am

@wkitty42: The OP is apparently using 2016.4.3 on Windows 7, see above.

I'm starting to think the FG Windows installer is missing this (Redistributing Visual C++ Files on microsoft.com).
@mrpidgeon: using Google to look for "Package redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ 2010" as hinted by zven gives many results from microsoft.com. Can you try installing this component?
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:49 am

rominet wrote in Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:39 am:@wkitty42: The OP is apparently using 2016.4.3 on Windows 7, see above.

oops! i missed that... my mind's eye thought it was a signature and just skipped over it since it was under the picture...

rominet wrote in Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:39 am:I'm starting to think the FG Windows installer is missing this (Redistributing Visual C++ Files on microsoft.com).

there was some discussion on -dev about adding the C runtime stuff back in... i thought it already had been done... if it has been done, perhaps there's a little more needed?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby rominet » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Maybe. What is sure is that FG needs Windows developers working on Windows issues.
rominet

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:31 pm

that's very true :)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby mrpidgeon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work.
mrpidgeon

Postby rominet » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Ah... too bad. I hope someone with better MS expertise than me will give you a better suggestion, then.
rominet

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:32 am

elgton was helping someone go through this and trying to get it installed on their machine... i don't think they ever got it to work... missing registry keys and other weirdness...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby mrpidgeon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Oh... Ok.
mrpidgeon

Postby mrpidgeon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Is there any way that it could be fixed?
mrpidgeon

Postby elgaton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm

As a temporary fix, try installing the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows (go to the section titled "Method 2: Microsoft Download Center", download the package corresponding to the Windows version on your computer and install it). This should work (for the other poster wkitty42 was referring to, this solution did not work because his Windows installation was somehow corrupted, but this should not be your case).

Given that the new FlightGear release is only 45 days away, I'll temporarily suspend my work on LIPX from the next weekend to focus on this issue - the first part will be having the setup automatically download and install the redistributable. I also have in mind to keep a copy of the source code of the libraries used by FG inside a dedicated repository (so that the build server could automatically generate them); converting their build systems to CMake will take a bit of time, however.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby zakalawe » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 pm

elgaton wrote in Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm:the first part will be having the setup automatically download and install the redistributable. I also have in mind to keep a copy of the source code of the libraries used by FG inside a dedicated repository (so that the build server could automatically generate them); converting their build systems to CMake will take a bit of time, however.

Both of those steps are already done: we include the Micrsoft redistributable DLLs in the installers, and I maintain the windows-3rd-party repo with the binary dependencies. The binary repo is generated from a fork of the osg-3rd-party repo here: https://github.com/zakalawe/osg-3rdparty-cmake, patches and improvements are most welcome.

The only manual step is copying the built output files into windows-3rd-party and committing + pushing.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby mrpidgeon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:17 pm

I have found the solution! Thank you very much to everyone who helped me, and posted their answer. Especially @rominet and @wkitty42. Thanks The problem was that the KB2999226 thingy was missing. It's because Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 failed to install. So, what @rominet said didn't work because he suggested that i get the 2010 one. For 64-bit you can get it here: https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st.x64.exe and for 32-bit you can get it here: https://download.microsoft.com/download ... st.x86.exe . Once again, thanks to everyone who helped me.
mrpidgeon

Postby rominet » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Well, concerning the "Package redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ 2010", as said, I was merely relaying zven's success story... But thank you for sharing your findings. :) One can reasonably hope this will help fix the problem at its root before FG 2017.1.1 is released.
rominet

Return to Support