Board index FlightGear Support

flightgear crashes when approaching KSPI and switch to nav1

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

flightgear crashes when approaching KSPI and switch to nav1

Postby ikedaman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:20 pm

no matter what airplane or autopilot or runway (i've only tried ILS approaches) as soon as i switch from gps/fms to nav1 it crashes every time whether i'm in the feather or just right outside it angled toward it. i've landed ILS at KSET, KALN, KSUS, KJEF, KCOU etc. all in the same general area with no problems no matter what airplane, autopilot or runway i try.
ikedaman

Re: flightgear crashes when approaching KSPI and switch to n

Postby Hooray » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:27 pm

In general, it would be a good idea to post a pre-recorded flight, fgtape and/or flight plan (route manager) that you can share with others to more easily reproduce the whole issue. Ideally, without it being specific to any single aircraft or airport - e.g. using the default airport and the ufo (or the c172p).

Regarding the ufo, you can use the radio settings and autopilot dialogs to change frequencies and modes.

Besides, it would be helpful if you could provide your fgfs.log file (see the wiki for details), or even better, a proper backtrace (again, see the wiki)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby ikedaman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:49 pm

here is the fgfs.log file
i cannot post a flight recorder tape because flightgear has crashed and i can't save anything.
in route manager a typical flight is kaln runway 29 2600 feet to fashe int to wavly int and to the standard approach waypoints route manager inserts to runway 4 at kspi.when i switch to nav1 from fms in the crj700 it crashes. when i hit appr button on the autopilot console before it is ok then when i switch the knob from fms to vor1 crash.
same thing in the beech 99 same route when i switch from fms to nav cdi or something like that in the autopilot dialouge.

i guess the log file is too big - i get a message it is 249,XXX characters and the limit is 60,000
is there a way to insert a link to it?
ikedaman

Postby dg-505 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:00 am

ikedaman wrote in Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:49 pm:is there a way to insert a link to it?

Yes: Upload the file to a file hoster (preferably a one that doesn't need registration to view the file), and copy the link into the [url][/url] tags.
A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you everywhere.

DHC-6 Twin Otter development
dg-505

Callsign: dg-505
Version: next

Postby ikedaman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:16 am

https://fs06u.sendspace.com/upload?SPEED_LIMIT=0&MAX_FILE_SIZE=314572800&UPLOAD_IDENTIFIER=2035952396.1468145425.AE1757D9.17.0&DESTINATION_DIR=5
i hope this works - sendspace is all i could find
one thing i noticed flightgear crashes when i get near kspi whether i switch from fms to nav1/vor1 or not - i just noticed that - it's like kspi or the scenery is not right or not loading right - i could be wrong about that.
i tried other airports in the area and as usual they all worked fine.
ikedaman

Postby ikedaman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:23 am

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mzyk18
this might work better - there are some sleazy ads on this page - please ignore
ikedaman

Postby ikedaman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 pm

by the way click on the blue download button in the middle of the page - nothing else- the usual save/open file dialog box will open
ikedaman

Return to Support