Board index FlightGear Support

Whatever happened to random radio chatter?

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Whatever happened to random radio chatter?

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 pm

blcjr wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm:
Code: Select all
C:\users\blcjr\documents\flightgear\addons\atcchatter \sounds\UK

Still has the space.

what does your --prop line look like? is there a space at the end of it??

blcjr wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm:Since I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm not going to do anything more for now. (What I am tempted to try to do is just hard code the correct path in the config.xml file.) If the correct "chatter directory" can get constructed, would that change the "Nasal runtime error: object has no size()"?

yes... the problem is because it tries to read the directories to build the list of wav files to play...

i saw this and similar until i hit on the majik i don't recall fully... once i got this error handled, then i saw the error/warning message as noted in the README file... that led me to add the Addons directory to my --fg-aircraft line and everything worked... i have to go back and see if it will work from the command line with the --launcher... before i was adding the --config line to the --launcher's "Additional Options" box...

i don't know if your hard coding of the directory bypasses the built-in security check for scripts or not...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Whatever happened to random radio chatter?

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:59 am

i have been able to successfully run this addon by specifying the --config line on the same command line i use with --launcher... in the --launcher "Additional Options" box i add only the --prop line and then in the Addons tab of the --launcher, add your /path/to/your/Addons directory... do not add the ATCChatter path... only the Addons... i have random ATC chatter going on with AI craft flying about... currently enjoying KATL in th early morning ;)

Code: Select all
~/flightgear-dev/next/run_fgfs.sh --launcher --log-level=debug --config=~/myflightgear/Addons/ATCChatter/config.xml
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to Support