Board index FlightGear Support

3.4 and the pain begins ...

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: 3.4 and the pain begins ...

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 am

Obviously, since logic is not your storng side, I will explain to you how I came to the conclusion, it was RM related:

I fly without RM and there is NO leak
I fly with RM and there is a leak
I fly more waypoints with RM and the amount of memory increases
I fly the same longer route without RM, just by VORs and headings and there is no leak

So, something happens with RM and not without it ... RM related. Simple logic. Try it sometimes.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:27 am

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 am:Obviously, since logic is not your storng side, I will explain to you how I came to the conclusion, it was RM related:

Thanks so much, but that's unnecessary now: that info should have been part of your original posting, and it would still have been incomplete:
Your basic line of reasoning is correct, but not helpful unless you share it, and unless you provide evidence -and a test case- to allow others to reproduce your findings, exactly like sanhozay did.

Besides, may I suggest to carefully reconsider if you really want to argue about the logical reasoning skills of fellow forum users, especially on a forum with people involved in open source software development, assuming that most people here actually can go far beyond than creating a Boolean truth table and are probably even making a living using those very skills every day, otherwise you might easily be making a fool of yourself here (unless of course that was indeed your intention, in which case please disregard my advice and feel free to keep going).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Reading helps ... it was already in the first post. You really should let this go before you embarrass yourself even more ...
Jabberwocky
Retired

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:09 pm:You really should let this go before you embarrass yourself even more ...

Thank you for that advice !
And you know what, I will try to follow it - simply because you are undoubtedly a domain expert in that area, so who am I to question you when it comes to embarrassing yourself :mrgreen:
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Well, it was what I pointed out in my very first post ... so, I have no problem, you were only unable to read or understand what was written. Which means, aside of your infinite arrogance, nothing is left of your latest temper tantrum. Well, we went through that several times. You said in 3.0, the nicing would work, I flew for 48 hours without a break to prove it worked, you went all commando on me. I told about Rembrandt remnants, you doubted it, in the meantime, it's proven and we have work arounds. And you went all commando on me. When I asked for a way to move an AI model, you obviously didn't even understood the question but you had another opportunity to foam out of your mouth. Hooray, I am really getting tired of this. You were proven every time in those clashes as wrong, so why don't you stop to waste my time?
Jabberwocky
Retired

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm:Hooray, I am really getting tired of this. You were proven every time in those clashes as wrong, so why don't you stop to waste my time?

I am sincerely sorry for you if that is the conclusion you've arrived at - in all of the instances (threads) that you mentioned above, my feedback has been independently confirmed by others.
If in doubt, I'd suggest to check back with those threads, but not to resurrect those debates here.

Also, suggesting that someone who actually wrote the code in question to control an AI object, and who participated in the most recent effort, doesn't understand how those technologies work, is kinda contradictory... and you did that here, again, not just referring to me by the way. We've told you exactly what to do, you fail to understand the feedback that you're given - simple as that. And that would have been the case, even without me (or others you tend to disagree with) having been involved.
Which, while truly unfortunate for you, has nothing to do with other contributors.
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Previous

Return to Support