Board index FlightGear Support

Why does my aircraft does not show up

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Why does my aircraft does not show up

Postby landersohn » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:17 am

I hope somebody can help me: I installed the same seahawk ZIP file on three different systems and under FGO and FGRun I never see all the 4 variants (seahawk, 2 tanks, RNF, wingman): on some systems I see three on others only 2.
Most bothersome is one system were that basic seahawk does not show up in FGo or FGRun. Any ideas what might be going on anybody?
landersohn

Re: Why does my aircraft does not show up

Postby Johan G » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:18 am

That's really odd. :? :(

I assume you installed FlightGear 2.12.0, but was the aircraft downloaded from the official aircraft download page or somewhere else, and what operating systems did you install it on?

Also, is there differences in the hardware setup, in essence what graphics cards do each of the systems have and how did installing the aircraft go on them in relation th the graphics cards?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby landersohn » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Actually, I figured it out: there is something in the code for FGo which is supposed to suppress "carrier" to show up as aircraft because the seahawk has a "carrier-set.xml" file for carrier keyboard bindings. This code apparently causes some of the seahawk variants not be listed as aircraft:when I commented it out, all seahawks showed up.
I am not very familiar with python, so I don't know exactly why this is.
landersohn

Postby landersohn » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Did figure it out: in config.py, line 463, replace "return" with "continue" and all is well. It all depends how the directory is read: if carrier-set shows up in the list of files before any seahawk variant, the routine exits at that point in the original code.
landersohn

Postby Johan G » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Great! :D

Could you please report that bug, fix and a link to this topic in the Simple FG GUI front-end for Linux topic, to make the author aware of it.* :)

* That or his email as per his web site.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Support