Board index FlightGear Support

Time speed up in FG?  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Time speed up in FG?

Postby Boeing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi all I was flying with my A318 today and suddenly time speeded up! I saw the sun move and it was dusk, and then evening, and then midnight, and then dawn and then morning, and then after noon and then the right time as if nothing happened. And the worst part...no errors whatsoever! <shiver> Can any one tell me what's going on?
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Re: Time speed up in FG?  

Postby redneck » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:12 pm

You pressed "w". At least I think that's the key for time warp under default key bindings. If you do it again, just go to Environment>Time Settings, click the Reset button under Time Warp, and reset the time to Clock Time (or whatever you want).
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Re: Time speed up in FG?

Postby Boeing » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks that really creeped me out.
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Return to Support