Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Virtual airlines

FGFlightLog.org - Exclusive new aircraft release

Discussion relating to virtual airlines.

FGFlightLog.org - Exclusive new aircraft release

Postby chtadmin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:18 am

FGFlightLog.org is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the latest ePilot aircraft:

The Cessna 208B Grand Caravan

The Cessna 208B Grand Caravan is the second truly amphibious jsbsim aircraft for FlightGear and incorporates the ePilot innovations that you've come to expect like in-flight swappable cockpit configurations and flight control deflection A/P auto disconnect. It features a highly detailed and animated model including multiple fuselage and landing gear configurations, fowler flaps that slide on their tracks and doors that pivot on hinges. The cockpit is fully 3d functional and the aircraft is operable from startup to shutdown without opening a single dialog.

This aircraft introduces new features never before seen in FlightGear aircraft including a unique active livery system which selects from multiple fuselage and landing gear configurations depending on what livery you select. Multiple fuselage and landing gear configurations are available by manual selection as well and no reloading of the aircraft is required. Change from floats to wheels or wheels to floats or passenger to cargo configurations in mid air if you wish. The aircraft also auto-configures itself for your load location so loading on water is no problem. Compatible with all versions of FlightGear and works well under all rendering systems.

Lights and shadows are available under standard, ALS, Rembrandt and Compositor rendering systems, with animated shadows available under ALS as well as Rembrandt. Very MP friendly with all external animations observable by others on the network, including Livery over MP.

The new ePilot Checklist System is incorporated as well (introduced in the Grumman HU-16A Albatross) which not only tells you what needs doing but dynamically changes your cockpit view to look directly at and highlight the item needing attention. The FDM has been painstakingly crafted to simulate the flight characteristics of the real-life Cessna 208B Grand Caravan. A pdf flight manual and extensive in-plane help screens are included to help get you started.

There is a video available here: http://flightsimlog.org/vam/files/C208B.ogv

Happy flying!
Last edited by chtadmin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
ePilot
Charter Aviation
Any Plane, Any Route, Anytime
chtadmin

Callsign: CHT0001
IRC name: ePilot

Re: Charter Aviation - Exclusive new aircraft release

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:28 am

The problem might be where to find it? :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby chtadmin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 am

Hi legoboyvdlp

Its on the FGFlightLog.org website... you do have a login, I remember seeing your registration request. You can download it from Pilot Center, Downloads.

I would like to make the plane available to the public but I would like pilots to log a few hours and provide feedback as to its functionality first. Enjoy!

ePilot
Last edited by chtadmin on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ePilot
Charter Aviation
chtadmin

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:39 am

Thanks!
legoboyvdlp

Postby wlbragg » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:43 am

I would like to make the plane available to the public but I would like charter pilots to log a few hours and provide feedback as to its functionality first. Enjoy!

Sound interesting, if you provide a public link to the aircraft you might get more feedback from others that don't do virtual charter flights, such as myself. But i would love to see your innovations and provide feedback!.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby chtadmin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:08 am

ePilot
Charter Aviation
chtadmin

Postby wlbragg » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:22 am

Looks great! Really excited to test out the amphibious and compare it to c172p, j3cub. Also to see what is under the hood in regards to the hydro code.
Are the interior shadows shown in the video under the compositor?
wlbragg

Postby chtadmin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:26 am

The interior shadow shot was made with Rembrandt. Just fixing up a few bugs I found while making the video and will find a way to host it somewhere public.
ePilot
Charter Aviation
chtadmin

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 am

Host it public -> why not fgaddon? ;)
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)

Postby wlbragg » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:36 am

You must have tuned the hydro? The existing aircraft in fgaddon can't gain enough speed to lift off the water.
wlbragg

Postby chtadmin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:50 am

I would love for it to be in fgaddon - I need someone with commit access to sponsor the plane and upload it. Any volunteers?

The existing fgaddon Caravan is yasim. I couldn't get it off the water either. The hydro in my 208B is extremely unique - I didn't use jsbsim hydrodynamic force calculations which are extremely cpu intensive. When you get the plane you will see the magic tricks I used which provide more realistic effects than I thought they would. Turned out to work very well.
ePilot
Charter Aviation
chtadmin

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:40 am

chtadmin wrote in Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 am:You do have a login, I remember seeing your registration request. You can download it from Pilot Center, Downloads.

Unfortunately it tells me that my user does not exist - I do see the registration email, but not the confirmation email?
legoboyvdlp

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Been a fun of the Caravan since the days when Flying Wild Alaska aired on Discovery Channel.
Glad it finally got some love in FlightGear and I hope to see a public release soon! :D
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 pm

chtadmin wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:50 am:I would love for it to be in fgaddon - I need someone with commit access to sponsor the plane and upload it. Any volunteers?

You can ask on the mailing list to receive commit access to FGAddon - http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGAddon#Aircraft_development. The requirements for this are disclosing your real name (iirc for copyright reasons) and have a sourceforge account. Also, these, as posted on the wiki:
1. To demonstrate your capabilities and development skills.
2. To show that you understand the FlightGear policy document.
3. To show an understanding of the GPL licensing issues, and that you can be trusted not to use copyrighted, non-GPL material.
4. To earn the trust of the FlightGear community.

I'd say this should be doable for you and would make up for the easiest way for you to upload and maintain the aircraft.

Alternatively, if you promise that this aircraft does not contain any non-GPL material and that no copyright is infringed, you can send it to e.g. me and I can upload it for you to FGAddon - although I'd consider the first option better for you because you can directly commit improvements and fixes
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)

Postby chtadmin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:44 pm

Thanks D-ECHO. I will join the mailing list and begin the process. Also as part of my last debug process I shall triple check for any non-GPL issues.
ePilot
Charter Aviation
chtadmin

Next

Return to Virtual airlines