Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Virtual airlines

Making a VA

Discussion relating to virtual airlines.

Making a VA

Postby three-seven-nine » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi, i'm new to the forum. I am interested in making a VA, how would this process look like? I am asking just about recruiting pilots and operating flights.

Hoping for a good anwser.
three-seven-nine

Callsign: ___379

Re: Making a VA

Postby Johan G » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm

The best way as often is probably to start small. Start by flying some interesting routes yourself and try keep a record of achieved flights. You could possibly also look for some kind of virtual airline website software (I do not remember any names, but there is one or two out there).

I think the most important things to have from the outset is a well defined vision and a few rules (but do not consider them set in stone).

One of the ways to recruit is showing what you do and what you have, for example by posting some screenshots from recent flights and mentioning that you are looking for pilots.

Keep in mind though that you may have some false starts, so do expect to fail the first times you try. Just make some small modifications and have a go again, possibly after a break. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 am

Johan G wrote in Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm: You could possibly also look for some kind of virtual airline website software (I do not remember any names, but there is one or two out there).

phpVMS is the only really good free one, and hard to set up on free hosting. I think Wordpress / Blogspot / Wix etc is the best way to go until you are sure that you can commit to creating it :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby rx4 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:51 am

I think i can make a VA. I would hesitate to make a website but i could make fleet and liveries.
rx4

Callsign: WA-2538
Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Virtual airlines