Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Virtual airlines

Virtual Lufthansa Airline

Discussion relating to virtual airlines.

Virtual Lufthansa Airline

Postby Benny-DLH130 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Pilots :-)

I was just asking myself, if it wouldn´t be cool to set up Germany´s greatest Airline in Flightgear more efficiently ?!

There are many many routes to fly and nearly all planes of the LH-fleet are available with the correct LH-liverie.
I think this would be interesting for ATC´s, too, to guide original flights, that may even happen at the same time in reality.

Our home-base would be Frankfurt a. Main (EDDF) of course !!!

I would start to create a list (with correct flightnumber and plane type) of all DLH-flights starting in EDDF, first… I believe only this is quite some work to do :D

What do YOU think about that ?
Maybe it is not necessary in your eyes but I´d find it more interesting and realistic…

greetz
Benny
Benny-DLH130

Callsign: (AirlineICAO)-130 /
Version: 3.4

Re: Virtual Lufthansa Airline

Postby muekoe » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Benny,

unfortunately, Lufthansa doesn't want any virtual Lufthansa. I did find a letter regarding this topic. It's old, but as far as I know, Lufthansa's position hasn't changed

http://www.lhva.de/download/misc/lhantwort.pdf (it's on german)

Another interesting part: If I understand correctly, even the use of Lufthansa liveries is not allowed. :shock:

Greetings
muekoe

Callsign: D-MUEK, LH788
Version: 3.0

Postby Benny-DLH130 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

hi,

oooops …

Didn´t expect it to be that difficult.

The topic about the Lufthansa Liverie is really strange !
Even in Flightsimulations that are not open source (x-plane, MSFS …) are LH - Liveries.

OK, when it´s impossible to set up the Virtual Airline, I would offer an overview on LH-Flights (Flightnumbers, Dep/Arr-Time. Type of plane) from several Airports, anyway…
This is not illegal and those, who like flying original LH-Routes (like me :-P) will have their fun :)

greetz
Benny
Benny-DLH130

Postby John Taillor » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeh, it could be nice.
I think it's idiot to forbid VA...
Lufthansa has right gone down in my etimation... :o
Why din't you call your VA Lifthansa ? Or other... With a another bird, or a real crane (the construction equipement) ;)
Just to taunt them... :mrgreen:
Good luck !
JOIN MY VIRTUAL AIRLINE :
swanair.tk

My liveries
Mega user : mega.co.nz
Thanks to toile-libre.org for image hosting.
John Taillor

Callsign: jota
Version: FG 3.0

Postby e-pilot » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 am

Indeed Lifthansa or Loofthansa - I say go for it - what are they going to do? Throw you in prison? Also I don't think there is anything that Lufthansa can do about older liveries, They stop being a trademark when they are no longer used and become a historical item - My 733 has a 'Lufthansa 1986' livery (which is a nice looking livery) so don't let a lack of livery stop you. Good luck! I may even stop in and fly a route or two with you!
e-pilot

Postby wookierabbit » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 am

I think this is false. How come Lufthansa allows other virtual Luftthansas' to fly on the Vatsim network. And even on flightsim.com you can download Lufthansa liveries. Just make sure you call you airline Virtual Lufthansa or Lufthansa Virtual, and make sure to communicate to the Corporate Communication Department for Lufthansa Airline to obtain written permission. That is all it takes. And make sure to add a disclaimer on your website that you are not the real Lufthansa or bear any relations.
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wookierabbit
VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Callsign: ---805, ATC
Version: 191

Postby wookierabbit » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:35 am

Wow. I am not even joking. I just spoke with our new webmaster. Claims that his former Lufthansa VA was the first and only Virtual Lufthansa to be granted permission by the actual Lufthansa Airline Company. See, it can be done! I'll follow up via pm.
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wookierabbit
VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Callsign: ---805, ATC
Version: 191

Postby wonko » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't there is anything Lufthansa can do about even up-to-date liveries. See the following legal comment for use of logos on scale models which expressedly do not require trademark holder permission. I have no legal training but surely simulated planes would be equivalent to scale models in the context of that judicial decision.

http://www.internationallawoffice.com/newsletters/detail.aspx?g=cd114298-1298-4145-8090-7150f154de83
(note that the link only seems to work on the first click; somehow the website seems to track IP address, and presents you with a signup display on the second attempt. Just startpage search "Federal Supreme Court rules on use of trademarks on scale models" and view by proxy server to see it a second time)

I think Lufthansa would be on very shaky grounds forbidding the operation of a virtual airline for the same reason as long as the virtual airline website did not attempt to replicate the Lufthansa website look & feel, and the disclaimer would be placed prominently as pointed out by wookierabbit.
wonko

Version: 3.0

Postby sa7k » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 pm

Even if you are absolutely right, and are absolutely certain that you would win, you don't want to go to trial against Lufthansa.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby Benny-DLH130 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:13 pm

okay guys,

of course I don´t want to get involved into trials and other illegal stuff ;-)

If I wanted to use the original Logo etc, I´d have to ask for permission, first, f course….

BUT:
What, if we set up a neutral website (for the beginning), that offers flightplans, with little changes from the original LH-plans ?
Maybe we also create a kind of flightcalender (like the one by lenny http://lenny64.free.fr), where YOU can announce your next DLH-flight…or maybe we can cooperate with this website…

This all means, we don´t make any concrete replicates or comparissons of the Lufthansa Design, what seems to be the biggest problem…copyright etc…

I would start ceating a website and post it here in the forum…

greetz
Benny-DLH130

Postby sa7k » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I also think that you should ask again, in these days they should give permission. If you think, they could get really bad advertising if they threaten every little guy that is a fan of their company.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby Benny-DLH130 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi,
okay, I just set up a little Website for the beginning…

http://va-dlh.de.tl

Im still trying to offer a chart with some flight-routes, but it´s not that easy…

Please let me know, when you some some ideas of improvements ;-)

greetz
Benny
Benny-DLH130

Postby Benny-DLH130 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi folks !!
Okay, It´s been toooo much time since the last updates, but here they come !

There are now information about flightnumbers and destinations available on the website: http://va-dlh.de.tl/routes.htm

… as I said, only for EDDF at first… You don´t believe how mauch work it is, to create such a small overview :-/ !!

Hope you like it a bit …
greetz
Benny
Benny-DLH130

Postby Wombat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey guys,

It would be sooo amazing if there would be an (legal) Virtual Lufthansa in FG. I'm an big fan of DLH and as an OPD for Merlion I could maybe ask our CEO for codeshare flights with merlion from EDDF and maybe we, merlion as an va star alliance member, can help you creating and building up your new virtual LH.
But I have to ask the other guys from the managment first.

cheers
wombat
Operations Director of MerlionBlue/Europe - Merlion Hub Manager for EGKK - Controller for LOWI (NIATCA-project) - Fan of Lufthansa - ATC services at European Airports
Wombat

Callsign: MIA1481/DLH159
Version: FG 3.0

Return to Virtual airlines