Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Virtual airlines

Welcome to SkyTeam Airline Alliance

Discussion relating to virtual airlines.

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:27 pm

SkyTeam is a new virtual airline alliance.

Founded by: Union Airlines, Century Airlines and TransBrasil,after an extensive talk ,planing and work.

SkyTeam was the last of the three virtual airline alliances to be formed, the first two being Star Alliance and OneWorld. With over a 1000 of daily flights to hundreds of destinations in many countries, the SkyTeam network offers you more destinations and more connections from the best hubs in the world.

Our member airlines provide you comprehensive access to an extensive global network, plus more frequencies and more connectivity than ever before.

Our goal is to connect and gather virtual airlines airlines from all over the world,to make our familly bigger ..so if you want to have your airline in our familly,the familly of SkyTeam,be free to jon us.

Be the part of one wonderful familly...Be the part of SkyTeam. :)

SkyTeam....My Team.

http://virtualskytam.jimdo.com/
Last edited by unionvirtualairlines on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Re: Welcome to SkyTeam Airline Alliance

Postby Flightgearex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey union I found the real website ;) the link: http://www.skyteam.com/
VISIT THE GERMAN FG-FORUM -> forum.flightgear-de.net !!!!!!!!!!!
Flightgearex

Callsign: AEV001,FLYER,...
Version: 2.8.0.5

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Flightgearex wrote in Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:35 pm:Hey union I found the real website ;) the link: http://www.skyteam.com/

Of course you did,SkyTeam is a real airline alliance.. But I must say ,that web site helped us a lot to get some ideas about our web iste..

Cheers.
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Postby Flightgearex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I see its a very good website :)
VISIT THE GERMAN FG-FORUM -> forum.flightgear-de.net !!!!!!!!!!!
Flightgearex

Callsign: AEV001,FLYER,...
Version: 2.8.0.5

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Flightgearex wrote in Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 pm:I see its a very good website :)

Thaaaanks.. a lot. I'm so ,so happy this up and running.. It means a lot ,not just to me but to all of us at SkyTeam... :D
Once again,thanks.
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Postby omega95 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 am

It is strictly forbiden for all virtual airlines in the world, to use our logo, or any of the member airlines, without our permission.

Just to clarify, there are a lot of "virtual skyteams" and a lot of other virtual airline who're members of it:
http://skyteamva.org/
http://jkcharlie.weebly.com/
and more...

Also, SkyTeam is a real airline alliance and the logo is copyright by them, I'm pretty sure there's no issue with other VAs using the logo saying that they're skyteam members. As it is, it would be just like you guys say you're virtual skyteam members.

Cheers!
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:51 am

Mybe,but neither of these is based on FlightGear simulator. Neither of these works on the way how our virtual alliance works. If you don't like the way we are doing things,keep that for your self. A whole bunch of people was saying to me that my VA is "one of the many" and that it will not work...but it works.

Same thing is for SkyTeam Virtual. This alliance is here,and I have no intention to close it ... I was planing to start the virtual alliance even before I started working on my VA...so I did a lot of research on it. I 'm aware that there's a lot of virtual alliances arround,but important to us,are the alliances and VAs based on FlightGear Simulator...not FSX ,or X-Plane or anything else.

Cheers. 8)
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 pm

with over a 1000 of daily flights to hundreds of destinations in many countries...

Apart from the fact that the total number of any daily virtual flights on the FG MP servers appears to be quite significantly below 1000, I would express some doubts that the MP servers could even theoretically handle that traffic.

Also, your total number of pilots listed on the website is 41. If they fly 24/7 and each flight lasts only one hour, they could marginally reach 1000 flights per day. Sadly, human beings do have to eat and sleep some time.

Why put numbers up that evidently don't work out?
Thorsten

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 pm:
with over a 1000 of daily flights to hundreds of destinations in many countries...

Apart from the fact that the total number of any daily virtual flights on the FG MP servers appears to be quite significantly below 1000, I would express some doubts that the MP servers could even theoretically handle that traffic.

Also, your total number of pilots listed on the website is 41. If they fly 24/7 and each flight lasts only one hour, they could marginally reach 1000 flights per day. Sadly, human beings do have to eat and sleep some time.

Why put numbers up that evidently don't work out?

If u don't like this,create an airline alliance of your OWN!
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Let's say I have a strong liking for truth. I don't otherwise care about virtual airlines or even the MP mode of Flightgear.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:37 pm

...and Thorsten belongs to the camp of people that would actually be able to instantiate 1000s of aircraft using 50 lines of Nasal code to prove that our system simply couldn't handle the load :D
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm

SkyTeam is a new virtual airline alliance.

Founded by: Union Airlines, Century Airlines and TransBrasil,after an extensive talk ,planing and work.

SkyTeam was the last of the three virtual airline alliances to be formed, the first two being Star Alliance and OneWorld. With over a 1000 of daily flights to hundreds of destinations in many countries, the SkyTeam network offers you more destinations and more connections from the best hubs in the world.

Our member airlines provide you comprehensive access to an extensive global network, plus more frequencies and more connectivity than ever before.

Our goal is to connect and gather virtual airlines airlines from all over the world,to make our familly bigger ..so if you want to have your airline in our familly,the familly of SkyTeam,be free to jon us.

Be the part of one wonderful familly...Be the part of SkyTeam. :)

SkyTeam....My Team.

http://virtualskytam.jimdo.com/
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Postby omega95 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 am

Hmm, I really don't want to be involved in this topic anymore but a quick question - why do you keep re-posting the same introduction? I see that you've 'edited' the first one but then why post again?
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby G-OJIB » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:28 am

Hello everyone I am Dave Caycedo (here as G-OJIB it's an old callsign). I think it's time to participate in this topic :D

I am the founder and CEO of Century Airlines, an airline member of SkyTeam Virtual Alliance. I've been colaborating with David Todorovicc (here as "unionvirtualairlines") about the website and other aspects related with the SkyTeam management system and I have become Vice President of such alliance. So I invite pilots to be part of Century Airlines, and I invite airlines to make part of SkyTeam Virtual Alliance.

You can find Century Airlines website right here: http://centuryairlines.jimdo.com/

We are starting this alliance so we are building somethings even, but we are completely operative yet for give a warm welcome to any VA interesed in join our Alliance :wink:
Fly Century Airlines. You can earn experience and have exclusive navigation information exclusive for pilots. Register now http://centuryairlines.jimdo.com/become-century-pilot/
G-OJIB

Callsign: CA0001
Version: 2.10.0.3

Postby unionvirtualairlines » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:40 am

We are happy to announce that our alliance has a new member. Pakistan International Air Virtual have met all the requirements and become our member.

With this airline,the number of SkyTeam members is four,and we are looking forward to have more members.

SkyTeam...My Team...
unionvirtualairlines
Retired

Next

Return to Virtual airlines