Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Cockpit development

Concorde cockpit redesign

Discussion about creating 2d and 3d cockpits.

Re: Concorde cockpit redesign

Postby V12 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Hmmm, I have not problem with route follow even at M2.
https://fgtracker.ml/modules/fgtracker/ ... ID=7082130 (https://skyvector.com/?ll=45.5971282847 ... TAX%20LZIB)
I know, that route is relatively straight, but this one https://fgtracker.ml/modules/fgtracker/ ... ID=7081724 (https://skyvector.com/?ll=49.9097303592 ... SEN%20LPMA) have 1 almost 90 degs turn. Over LESLU at FL490 M1.7 George was able follow route very good.

I made qick test with Your algorith, but after INS mode (like LNAV) activation, AP started doing strange things, I disabled it and make attempt to land. But plane was in extremly nose trim and I can't manualy changed it, because some Nasal errors in concole. Result - very spectacular crash on LPMA runway 05 treshold. But I will try it again.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

I was doing an almost 120 degree turn, while that is about 60 deg.

Hmm- post the errors and I'll have a look?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby V12 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 pm

I made short airshow flight with stock A321 in FSX. That Bus is unbelievable crap in compare with our IDG...
V12

Postby V12 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 am

BEL ISAAK wrote in Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 am:FYI, there's a thread on the mailing list right now about a patch for the concord's fuel pumping system. It might be worth checking it out.

I can't find source of that sounds again, it was 2 years ago when I found them somewhere. If is it problem, I will make change and use original sounds.

EDIT :
And when we are talking about GPL compatibility, there are 2 screenshots :

First is from FGFS, second is FSX with payware addon. Are there all FGFS 777 textures GPL compatible ? Is text BOEING 777 in FG's 777 licenced from Boeing ? When I worked on addons for SpinTires game, our team had some minor problems with using original truck names...
V12

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:08 am

First, it will be a problem: you must be able to show that all files are GPL. For binary files such as sound files that means showing where you got them from. There is no alternative unfortunately. If you choose to replace the sounds your commit history must be lost because otherwise the files will still be there in the commit history.

Our 777 uses textures created by hand as far as I know.

See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21252&hilit=POSKY&start=1

And finally, this is my not-exactly-qualified advice: it would seem that trademarks are essentially to protect customers from confusion. Infringement onlly occurs when you e.g. put the Nike logo on a pair of shoes. Making a chocolate biscuit with the Nike logo according to my source would not be infringing the trademark since most people know Nike makes shoes, not chocolate biscuits! In the same way, I could not make an ultralight aircraft and call it a Boeing; but on the other hand representing a Boeing product in a simulator is different - I do not think anyone will think Boeing is involved in making this aircraft: it never claims to be officially licensed :) (and on another topic I think that means Curt could have won that case with Honda if he had had time and money to pursue it...)

Edit: it appears I am wrong: Boeing tells us that the only legitimate use of their trademarks is to have written permission. On the other hand this could come under fair use for academical purposes?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Thorsten » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:01 pm

And when we are talking about GPL compatibility, there are 2 screenshots :

If you steal something and get caught, do you think it will help you in court if you can prove that another person also stole something? Because that seems to be the argument you're trying to make here, that you can get away with licensing violations if you can show that others do likewise.

Comparing details of the two pictures, I can find no evidence that the two textures are 'the same' (panel screws for instance are depicted differently) or one is derived from the other. So do you have any particular reason for the insinuation (naturally if two simulators try to accurately depict the same cockpit, they'll end up very similar if they succeed).?

Is text BOEING 777 in FG's 777 licenced from Boeing ?

A trademark infringement discussion is a question about marketing a product rather than about depicting something as in reality. I don't need a license by Boeing to e.g. make a photograph of the Boeing plant in Seattle and put it into a newspaper - because 1) the logo is there in reality on the plant and 2) the newspaper does not compete in any way with Boeing's products.
Thorsten

Postby V12 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:29 pm

FG 777 vs PMDG777 - it was only ask :wink: If someone show me that sounds are not GPL compatible, I will remove them. No problem. Really, I don't know nothing about that files.

Things looks good. I repeated famous Air France Concorde flight from Caracas to Paris to verify engine and AP MaxCruise / MaxClimb modes tuning. Flight was with simulated 60 pax, 1 tons cargo, I started taxi run with all tanks full, bit over MTOW, took off with MTOW, landed with 10 tons of fuel. Aircraft reached FL600 3700 nm after take off. Flight log is here - https://fgtracker.ml/modules/fgtracker/ ... ID=7082737

If the weather engine will not generate steep jumps in sea level pressure, wind direction and wind speed or use live atmosphere property data, there is possibility to more precise AP and engine tuning.
V12

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:46 pm

You can fix th pressure jump messign the AP up by switching from a PID to a linear gain filter, which makes more sense anyways for convert altitude error to commanded vertical speed.

Kind Request,
Josh
Waste of time. Goodbye forever.
Octal450

Postby V12 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Sorry, that is rocket science for me :(
V12

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:52 pm

I'd be happy to walk you through it if you'd like

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Postby V12 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Thank You, but Concorde AP and AT needs complet rework from scratch. And this work must make professional, no noob like me. FDM after change MoI is good, only FBW is missing.
V12

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm

I don't have the time now, (Airbus FMGC :mrgreen:), but maybe sometime down the road, if no-one else has already reworked it, I can lend a hand ;)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Postby V12 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm

OK, thanx in advance. This bird deserve reworked AP. I tested FSLabs Concorde in FSX and was dissapointed. 70 EUR product without completed 3D cockpit is ehm, robbery. And this is only peak of the iceberg. Bad viewpoints, slowly appearing 2D panels, strange and somewhere visibly unaligned textures... I hope, Concorde for P3D v4 will be much better with same price.
V12

Postby V12 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

Next small step for reality - I fixed VOR indicator. If NAV is tuned for localizer, indicator doesn't show direction to it.
V12

Postby islandmonkey » Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 pm

One thing that bugs me is the lack of authentic cockpit sounds -- the overspeed siren, the warning chime, the glidescope on flight director sound, and the autopilot disconnect sound (which can be chopped off from an A320's AP disconnect sound). Some of these can be reproduced with audacity, some, not so. Any way to dig these up and/or reproduce them?
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY
Version: 2018.3

PreviousNext

Return to Cockpit development