Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Cockpit development

F4U-1 cockpit details

Discussion about creating 2d and 3d cockpits.

F4U-1 cockpit details

Postby MasterMWF » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:38 am

Gentlemen,

I have been playing around with the cockpit in the F4U-1.

After spending over a year learning Git, Blender, GIMP, Inkscape, Python etc, etc,etc.....

The results can be found at:
https://github.com/mastermwf/flightgear-F4U

This is a work-in-progress.
There are only 2 types of aircraft. Fighters and Targets
MasterMWF

Callsign: N4772B
Version: 3.7

Re: F4U-1 cockpit details

Postby wlbragg » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:38 pm

I pulled your version and compared it against the original but don't see any changes. Maybe I have issues in my installation of the two, however I have other aircraft that I am using multiple versions of and they show up correctly.

What have you done so far?
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby MasterMWF » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:55 am

I added rudder pedals, stick, trim wheels (aileron, rudder and elevator). Added a throttle quadrant, made the flap control move with the flaps and added degree identification to the flap handle plate. The gear indicators move with the landing gear. I added a stall warning light (75 kts) and a military power light indication (52 in of Hg). Changed the clock to sim time and detailed the fuel selector switch. There are a few Easter Egg's. Clicking the far left switch on the gun control panel (above the dashboard on the left) is magic start and a wing fold button and another magic start are hidden on the lower right electrical panel.

The first thing I did was fix the gyro compass. The indicator wheel was offset so that there was an indication at 0 only, then the wheel would move in an offset direction and disappear behind the panel. It's a lot easier to fly when you know which way the pointy end is pointed.

Fixing the gyro was the motivation to learn the programs to be able to design the cockpit interiors
There are only 2 types of aircraft. Fighters and Targets
MasterMWF

Callsign: N4772B
Version: 3.7

Postby jbflight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Is there a way to add an air frame repair button like the f-14? I love this plane but it crashes so much so easily and I have to reset all the time
jbflight

Return to Cockpit development