Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Cockpit development

A330-200 with Canvas and other features

Discussion about creating 2d and 3d cockpits.

Re: A330-200 with Canvas and other features

Postby CaptB » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:08 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:35 pm:But, FGMEMBERS is based on it, and has cool new PFD improvements by someone.

Yes, that someone is me.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB
Version: next

Postby daweed » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:14 pm

@Lego
i am aware from here about what happen.
i am not aware about why, and to be honest, i don't care and this is not the thread to discuss about
I use to download aircraft for month from FGMember because it is easy (all in one repo)

i ll now download aircraft from official repo if it as one
This decision from mine have nothing to deal with the problems encounter by FGMember and Co, i am just going back to author repo (for the new version, i am aware that it is an update version from Omega original files.)

@CaptB
Thks, is it the repo where u push your modification too ? (just to be sure to have the last validated version from Artix and the dev team around this plane.)

Regards
Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 am

Yes. Artix has not updated for a while - he uses a private repo for devel.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby CaptB » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:24 am

@daweed

The present development team for the Artix fork will push any new features/bugfixes to the mentioned Artix repository as they're tested and stable.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB

Postby daweed » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

CaptB wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:24 am:@daweed

The present development team for the Artix fork will push any new features/bugfixes to the mentioned Artix repository as they're tested and stable.

Thks for informations

Other question, it seems that board computer is not able to read sid / star from <icao>.procedures.xml files (thoose files can be find in the TerraSync/Airports/<I>/<C>/<A>/ICAO.procedures.xml). Is it a feature that Artix Dev team is working on ? actually, computer can only read xml file from Database/Procedures/<icao>.xml in the A330-200 directory

Best regards.
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Hooray » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:32 pm

CaptB wrote in Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:08 pm:
legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:35 pm:But, FGMEMBERS is based on it, and has cool new PFD improvements by someone.

Yes, that someone is me.

Could you tell us in more detail what exactly you have changed, and if the PFD is generic in any way, i.e. can it be reused elsewhere, does it support multiple independent PFDs ?

As you may know, Gijs was developing his own PFD code using Canvas, and it would really make sense to coordinate related efforts.

Otherwise we end up with stuff that is hardly reusable elsewhere
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby daweed » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:49 pm

daweed wrote in Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm:
CaptB wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:24 am:@daweed

Thks for informations

Other question, it seems that board computer is not able to read sid / star from <icao>.procedures.xml files (thoose files can be find in the TerraSync/Airports/<I>/<C>/<A>/ICAO.procedures.xml). Is it a feature that Artix Dev team is working on ? actually, computer can only read xml file from Database/Procedures/<icao>.xml in the A330-200 directory

Best regards.

In fact and after testing this feature this afternoon, this doesn't work.
Even with the Omega procedure database (downloaded from his website), lots of problems happen on the MCDU
Ex : When selecting star / sid (other than the default), this broke the FP.

=> SID / STAR methods seems need to be re wrote.
i have a look on nasal file, i dont understand lot's of things in methods but i think star / sid nasal function need to be re wrote to be compliant with the TerraSync/Airports .....
/<ICAO>.procedures.xml

Some calls are done in nasal fucntion and i dont find the "parent" function.
What i understand is that A320 / A330 coming from Omega / Artix / FGMEmber can only read SID / STAR xml file from the aircraft directory procedure database
FG Interface

daweed

Postby daweed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:09 am

Any news ?
FG Interface

daweed

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Yes, you must buy a NAVIGRAPH, and install in Database/Procedures/.
Other ones will not work for the Airbuses.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby daweed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 pm:Yes, you must buy a NAVIGRAPH, and install in Database/Procedures/.
Other ones will not work for the Airbuses.

I think you are talking one more time on a thing u are not aware, but maybe my words were not as understandable as it should

=> Omega procedure file coming from his own hangard can be install and view from the MCDU ...

It's a problem in the nasal function, when selecting a sid / or a star, the FP is broken because sid / star fix (step) are not included in the right order ... and no i will not buy somthing that is availble for free on Omega website..

And the fix that should be apply to nasal function is to be alble to read xml file setting in the Aiports directory from TerraSync or CustomScenery dir
I am not able to read nasal at this time ... i really need to learn Nasal language to decode the AP function.

I ll have a try to bring a patch for this

Best regards and thks
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Gijs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 am

daweed wrote in Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am:no i will not buy I somthing that is availble for free on Omega website..

Please note that these are illegally distributed there, as you can confirm by checking the header in the files. Grabbing them from that source means you don't care about licenses and leaves very little reason for the FlightGear project to think you'll respect ours... Maybe you didn't know this, but think about that.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby daweed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:43 am

Gijs wrote in Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 am:
daweed wrote in Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am:no i will not buy somthing that is availble for free on Omega website..

Please note that these are illegally distributed there, as you can confirm by checking the header in the files. Grabbing them from that source means you don't care about licenses and leaves very little reason for the FlightGear project to think you'll respect ours... Think about that.

Where did i said i don't care about licenses ..?? !!! plz read carefully ...

This files is found on the website - the Omega one -

I am looking at this because, i am building my own for :

FP and STD departure / arrival for LFLL, and i need xml model file.
i am using SIA charts to made them by myself and just see that file provide on the Omega website work and the one i create (in TS directory / CustomScenery structure) are not .

I was asking myself why ... and found that nasal code can't read them ( files in the TS / CustomScenery structure)... so i am here to ask / help / provide what i found and try to bring a patch for Airbus familly

And yes why should i have a pay as what i only want a FG structure xml file

I try to create one from Eglaton example file (link provide in the FG Festival subject) => that's not working and i am actually trying to find what is the diff between Omega File (or Navigraph is you prefer) structure and the one Eglaton gave to me ...

=> they seems to be equals ....

So please don't said anymore i don't care about licenses, i am releasing here some pieces GPL V2 that i made all by my self (models & textures), and are particulary aware about licenses troubles that have been brings here some month ago ...

Best regards
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Gijs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 am

I was referring to the "Download Procedures Package" link from http://theomegahangar.flymerlion.org/aircraft.html As far as I know that's the only package offered there and that one is coming from Navigraph. It is not a file specifically structured nor created for FlightGear, it just happens to be a format that the route manager was designed to read. You have to pay for the service Navigraph provides by offering these files to you. You don't need to pay to use them, you just need to pay to obtain them. So the fact that you don't directly use them in FlightGear, but only use them as an example for your own files, doesn't exclude you from paying.

I've contacted Omega multiple times and he agreed to take it offline, but apparently it's still there. I don't blame you for having used something you've found without knowing what it's real source was, but now that you do you can act accordingly.

Actually if I'm not mistaken there are several free examples of procedure files created by FlightGear users that you can use as an example. It's been a while since I've last used any of them, but I remember them working fine.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby daweed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Gijs wrote in Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 am:I was referring to the "Download Procedures Package" link from http://theomegahangar.flymerlion.org/aircraft.html As far as I know that's the only package offered there and that one is coming from Navigraph. It is not a file specifically structured nor created for FlightGear, it just happens to be a format that the route manager was designed to read. You have to pay for the service Navigraph provides by offering these files to you. You don't need to pay to use them, you just need to pay to obtain them. So the fact that you don't directly use them in FlightGear, but only use them as an example for your own files, doesn't exclude you from paying.

I've contacted Omega multiple times and he agreed to take it offline, but apparently it's still there. I don't blame you for having used something you've found without knowing what it's real source was, but now that you do you can act accordingly.

Actually if I'm not mistaken there are several free examples of procedure files created by FlightGear users that you can use as an example. It's been a while since I've last used any of them, but I remember them working fine.

Std procedures files from FG doesn't work at all with the bus, only "Default" sid / star found on Airbus MCDU with thooses files ....
=> as i said i didn't read Nasal at all , i am actually trying to decode it, but it's a fact, Bus can only read a file set in the Databases/ Procedure directory in the Aircraft dir ...
=> and i made a file based on Eglaton example, same, only "Default" sid is found, even if i put it in the Databases/ Procedure directory in the Aircraft dir

That why i download the Procedure pack file to find what is the major diff between the two file, and my sense tell to me that all sid / star management on this aircraft familly should be re-write (but i didin't have the knowledge for that)

Actually , the big difficulties for me is to find the exact mecanism which is execute when pressing MCDU button, particulary in the SID / STAR management screen,

select_SID.nas & select_STAR.,nas implement function from a fmsDB.nas and a fmsTP.nas. i missed the link between them and actually trying to understand to be more "compliant" with the FG woking method.

=> in fact more than an xml file model, i should have a look on a another AP plane wich work with ICAO.procedures.xml file in the good directory ... maybe u can suggest me one ?
FG Interface

daweed

Postby daweed » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:42 pm

it would be very cool if that file type (and it is not alone ) were described in the http://wiki.flightgear.org/File_Formats page
FG Interface

daweed

PreviousNext

Return to Cockpit development