Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Cockpit development

A-26-Invader Cockpit Improved

Discussion about creating 2d and 3d cockpits.

A-26-Invader Cockpit Improved

Postby JC_SV » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Here we go again ...

Before picture ( actually this snapshot was taken from fgfs 2.0 model but the model in fgfs 2.4 just have two more intruments: RPM indicator and Manifold pressure indicator but everything else looked exactly the same.
Things I've done:
- I added radio instrument models and improved some textures comparing with the textures I used in B-25 Mitchell
- I added a "console" with throttle, propeller, mixture, and other things and some on them are clickable now but I will add more later
- I remodeled and textured windshield .
- Added: Yoke ( Animated) , Pedals ( Animated) , some intruments and switches on panel.
- Improved textures with some decay and rust
- added more intruments to panel
- added more switches and selectors.
- added a N-9 Gunsight

BEFORE PICTURE:

NOW:

Cockpit transparency problem solved !

There are many things still missing ( animate more models and add a few more instruments) wich I plan to do later. I'll continue working on it so it will be updated soon ....

Regards!
Last edited by JC_SV on Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
JC_SV

Re: A-26-Invader Cockpit Improved

Postby Johan G » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:44 pm

That's quite some improvement! :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Thorsten » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 am

It's good to see someone take care of our half-empty cockpits - unfortunately we have quite a lot of them in the repository, and it's really a good idea to get more completed aircraft instead of just more aircraft.
Thorsten

Postby JC_SV » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks Johan G and Thorsten
Unfortunately Thorsten's words are true. There are a lot of cockpits begging for some work .

By the way, I update the aircraft ( new link for download is up in first post ), added animated Yoke and Pedals, and more instruments on panel.

Best Regards!
JC_SV

Postby Kabuki » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:43 pm

True, Thorsten. Very true.

This is the reason I love the Citation II. The cockpit is superbly done. To whoever made this cockpit, I'd like to relay complements from an actual Citation II pilot.

"Yup, that's what it looks like" :D
This is a family-friendly saloon. No talk stink.
Kabuki

Location: Usually on the ground, always in the sky, except when underwater.
Callsign: Kabuki
Version: 3.0.0

Postby JC_SV » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi. Everybody. I updated the cockpit.
But I still have not found any good picture where I can see what text ( or labels ) I should write to the textures of this two specific parts of the cockpit, if anybody knows of pictures or a manual with good images please let me now.

The updated link to download the aircraft is on first post !!!!!

Cheers!
Last edited by JC_SV on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JC_SV

Postby gooneybird » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Nice :D

I've had a quick look through my collection of books etc. not found any clear cockpit photos yet but maybe this will help a little http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?181787-Douglas-A-26B-Invader
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby Johan G » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Apart from that I think the cockpit windows should have a lot more subtle reflections, I think you are doing great progress. :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby hvengel » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I don't see a VHF radio. The standard VHF radio for most WWII US and British aircraft is the SCR-522C which is fully modeled in Aircraft/instruments-3d/SCR-522C. That model is fully function and it should only take you a few minutes to add it to your cockpit. The XML files has instructions for correctly configuring this unit. It is currently in use in the p51d JSBSim and the Spitfire.

Also there are models for the standard WWII Ox regulator the the A-14A available in Aircraft/instruments-3d. The pressure gauge and blinker instruments for this are located in the Aircraft/p51d/Models directory.

Also available in the Aircraft/instruments-3d directory are models for the WWII era rear warning radar the AN-APS-13. I don't know if this was used in the B-26.

Also the P-51D has a model for the standard IFF radio controller the SCR-695. Again I don't know if this was used in the B-26.

All of the above except the SCR-522C are 3D models only and these are not currently functional.
hvengel
Retired

Postby JC_SV » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:58 pm

gooneybird wrote in Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm:Nice :D

I've had a quick look through my collection of books etc. not found any clear cockpit photos yet but maybe this will help a little http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?181787-Douglas-A-26B-Invader

Great! You link made me happy today. Now I can write something to the panel. Thanks a lot !

hvengel wrote in Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm:I don't see a VHF radio. The standard VHF radio for most WWII US and British aircraft is the SCR-522C which is fully modeled in Aircraft/instruments-3d/SCR-522C. It is currently in use in the p51d JSBSim and the Spitfire.
Also there are models for the standard WWII Ox regulator the the A-14A available in Aircraft/instruments-3d. The pressure gauge and blinker instruments for this are located in the Aircraft/p51d/Models directory. ...

Thanks again! I just downloaded the P51D because is missing in my files...??? That's weird because I remember downloading it some time ago....
I will search for those instruments and see if they can be added.

Cheers!
JC_SV

Postby hvengel » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:08 am

If you end up using the Ox pressure gage and the Ox flow blinker from the p51d it would probably be a good idea to copy these into the Aircraft/Instruments-3D/A-14AOxReg directory so that these end up in shared location. If that happens I will eventually remove these from the p51d directory and use the shared versions. Also if these are in a shred location it makes it more likely that someone will actually make then into working instruments (IE. add animation and supporting nasal code).
hvengel
Retired

Postby JC_SV » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Hello.
I've kept working on A-26 cockpit. I did a little XML with some objects too( switches, buttons).
I added a VHF radio SCR-522C thanks to Hvengel and a manual of the aircraft I found. I am stiil searching to find out if more instruments mentioned by Hvengel can be added.
I added ( or improved ) some textures. Added and modified more instruments on panel thanks to Gooneybird.

New link is on first post

Regards !
Last edited by JC_SV on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_SV

Postby hvengel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 pm

This is getting better all the time. It is nice to see that there is active work going into these cockpits.

Did you have any issues following the docs in the SCR-522C XML? If you did then I would like some feedback so this can be improved.
hvengel
Retired

Postby JC_SV » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 pm

hvengel wrote in Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 pm:Did you have any issues following the docs in the SCR-522C XML? If you did then I would like some feedback so this can be improved.

No issues at all. Instructions are very clear. I did check F12 key and it brings the new fequency menu. Didn't see any errors. I forgot to ckeck lightning but that wouldn't be a problem to fix since you give instructions there too.
By the way, the SCR-522C model is really nice... I was kind of sad because the back of the model was hidden by the console...
I will check B-25 Mitchell cockpit in some weeks to see if models suggested by you can be added. Right now I don't want to mess thing in my mind with A-26.
JC_SV

Postby JC_SV » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello everybody!

I have updated the files ...
New pictures ( to see how it looks now ) and changes made are on first post
New link for download is on first post too.

P.S. If anyone knows of a picture of : Driftmeter Stowage Kit and (or) a Voltage Converter of WWII aircraft just let me know. I didn't do much on the textures of both objects because I couldn't find a good picture.

Regards ! and Happy New Year !
JC_SV

Next

Return to Cockpit development