Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Livery database

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Re: Livery database

Postby ja sam niko » Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm

None from me right?

Hours of my work....lost ,thanks to you being lazy.

I will say again,if you don't have time for this,don't want to do it or something else,there is a lot of us to do it,and to do it right.

I have submitted two liveries. Both for a Boeing 737-300,both with JAT designation. One is AVIOLET charter airline,another is JAT Airways livery (2002-2013) . No I have to do it all over again.

Fine ,but this time,it will be something like 50 liveries from me,so try to lose them again. :D

Do your job. Or give to someone else,who will do it.

Best regards.
The worst floods in the Balkans ever,follow these links to learn more how to help. Thank you.
http://www.google.org/crisisresponse/2014-balkans-floods

http://www.mvp.gov.ba/HTML/eng-help.pdf
ja sam niko
Retired

Callsign: ex FGRS,now UAV001
Version: 2.8

Postby sanhozay » Sat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

This is out of order.

Gijs does a lot of work on the forum and in development and the time is all volunteered. It's not a paid job that anyone has any right to complain about.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Gijs » Sat May 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Your livery never reached me, so it has nothing to do with being lazy. Either you did not properly finish the upload process, or something happened after you submitted it and before I received it. Given that I've received and processed lots of liveries from various people, it could well be the first...

Hence my request to try again. If you don't want to spend 5 minutes on that (did you really spend hours completing the upload form?), there's little I can do.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS

Postby ja sam niko » Sat May 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Both liveries were submitted. I just regret, I didn't take a screenshot of it,to let you see it.

I will do it again. But this time,I will take a screenshot of every step that I take . From GIMP to submit. So,if I make a mistake somewhere,you will be able to let me know about it,to point it out ,gently.

BUT ,if I do every single little thing correctly ,and you loose them again,then Gijs will be obvious that your work here is done. I'm sorry for being free to say it,but I have to.

Actually,I think I will do it differently . I will make these liveries again,and put them somewhere else for download. That way ,i hope ,they won't be lost.

and the time is all volunteered. It's not a paid job that anyone has any right to complain about.

I will complain....I will complain till the day when some people here realize that their work here is done. Here where I live,we have some sort of a saying,translated it's like this: "If you can't finish it,don't start it." ,meaning,that FG Forum and download repository ,like FG Liveries ,should be run by people (FG members ) who have much more time and patience for it.

This is not meant to offend anyone,and I'm sorry if I do,but to say one simple thing,I'm here - I want to "work" ,not complain all the time. I would be honored to maintain the livery database. But that is not my call,and I really do hope that someone's will to properly work and contribute here ,are enough.

Regards.
The worst floods in the Balkans ever,follow these links to learn more how to help. Thank you.

ja sam niko
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Sat May 31, 2014 9:26 pm

ja sam niko,

Regardless of your intent your posts really do come off as offensive in my opinion. In another thread you implied that people who questioned you may owe you an apology, only for it to then turn out that it was you who was wrong all along. Nobody is infallible. And if you keep patting yourself on the back claiming infallibility only for you to have to accept that you've made mistakes then nobody will give you credit in the future. Not to mention that the atmosphere surely doesn't improve with such a demeanor.

I think you'd do well showing people a bit more respect.
Lydiot

Postby ja sam niko » Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Like I said,my liveries will go somewhere else.

Night everyone.

ja sam niko
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Sat May 31, 2014 9:31 pm

ja sam niko wrote in Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 pm:Like I said,my liveries will go somewhere else.

Night everyone.

Like I said, be nicer.

Night Niko.
Lydiot

Postby N-SCOT » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 pm

This discourse from Niko is offensive, unprofessional and ultimately negative for our community. I think that anyone who knows the effort the Gijs puts in would have to acknowledge respect, and therefore not quibble and quarrel in open forum.

This forum is not the "Piss & Moan" forum - it is the Livery Database forum. If there are problems with a livery UL, common sense dictates that a PM or two can usually put things right. Indeed, I have had a similar issue with a livery submission, PM'd Gijs and sorted it out (and yes, it was MY goober mistake, I'm not ashamed to admit). Criticism of others in an open forum is plainly rude in the most part, unless there is a significant line that has been crossed. For me, it has, with Niko's barrage directed at Gijs.

Simply put, Gijs is, has been and probably will continue to be a more valuable asset than Niko and his liveries re: FG community.

Should Niko place his liveries elsewhere, that should be fine also. My liveries are (mostly) not in the Livery database, but instead are at FGUK or incorporated into the Helijah aircraft I've worked on. A link in the forum is all that's required.

Last, I'd like to think that Niko's statements are made all the harsher in translation. Understand that this is a forum with decorum, a public space, and that posting here infers a responsibility of adulthood. It seems that this is often an internet casualty.

In closing, I salute Gijs for his efforts both past and future. You are appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary aka N-SCOT
Gary Brown, aka N-SCOT
Favorite Aircraft: Military
Favorite FG activity: Livery generation
N-SCOT

Location: Gainesville, Florida. Home of the "Fighting' Gators"!
Callsign: N-SCOT
Version: 2020.1.2

Postby N-SCOT » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:24 pm

I'd like to think that Niko's statements are made all the harsher in translation.

Hah! Guess I was wrong again.... :lol: At least I know when I am... (mostly :wink: )

Still laughing'

G
Gary Brown, aka N-SCOT
Favorite Aircraft: Military
Favorite FG activity: Livery generation
N-SCOT

Location: Gainesville, Florida. Home of the "Fighting' Gators"!
Callsign: N-SCOT
Version: 2020.1.2

Postby Gijs » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank's for your kind words Gary. Niko's out for good now, because he failed to change his attitude after the couple of extra chances I gave him. I am a patient man, but one day my patience is over. When I feel better, I'll resume processing liveries of all those great artists that do behave normal. Sorry for the delay guys!
Gijs

Postby Müller » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Gijs is an example to all of us here on the Forum, therefore one must despise who speaks words that doesn't match the reality. Gijs is an example of patience, work, dedidação dedication, education with all people.
Thanks Gijs for making this Forum and FG better every day.
I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus - Gab.Aerocool 800
Müller

Postby E-Savageair » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Gijs, keep doing what you're doing; if some people can't appreciate all the hard work you do, they shouldn't have joined this forum!
E-Savageair

Callsign: ESA
Version: 3.0

Postby gooneybird » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:30 pm

I agree with the sentiments of the guys above he was well out of order. I tried to be civil to him but in the end I decided not to reply to him any more otherwise I would probably got myself banned. Maybe he'll improve once he gets out of kindergarten :evil: :wink:
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby Johan G » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:23 pm

The livery database currently (about 14:00 UTC) seems to be down. :( I have given it a few tries in the last couple of hours. My browser show an error message telling that the server does not respond.

I will shortly send an e-mail to Gijs who maintains it.

Edit: E-mail sent.
Last edited by Johan G on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Gijs » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:30 pm

There are some issues at the host. They're working on a fix.
Gijs

PreviousNext

Return to Liveries