Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Liveries from package content

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Liveries from package content

Postby Alexis07 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Someone knows how to put liveries from the package content in to the simulator , like FedEx 757 or AirEuropa 787 , I appreciate it if some could help me
Alexis07

Re: Liveries from package content

Postby Johan G » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:17 pm

A good starting point might be sections of these two FlightGear wiki articles and looking into how liveries are implemented in other aircraft.

Keep in mind that sometimes liveries from for example the the Livery database are outdated due to improved 3D models, making existing liveries no longer aligned with the features of the aircraft.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Alexis07 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 pm

I don´t know if you know what I mean , for example looking in the contents package of the simulator there are liveries that are not available to download that there if they are found for example the KLM Cargo B747
Alexis07

Postby Alexis07 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 am

But the problem is , when I put the livery in the plane folder and go in the simulator it doesn't detect the livery and this problem is only with the liveries that are inside the content package , and I don't know how to make them work
Alexis07

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Alexis07 wrote in Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 pm:I don´t know if you know what I mean

i've been following along and i don't...

Alexis07 wrote in Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 pm:for example looking in the contents package of the simulator

what is this "contents package"?
what is the filename of it?
how are you looking inside it?

Alexis07 wrote in Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:56 pm:there are liveries that are not available to download that there if they are found for example the KLM Cargo B747

what is the path to that livery that you are seeing?

i'm kinda suspecting that you are seeing AI craft and their liveries... they are separate from the craft you actually fly... the AI craft are low-poly and their liveries are also of lower quality than what you use with the craft you can fly... you cannot use them on craft you fly... if you can answer the questions above, we can better determine what it is you are seeing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Alexis07 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Yes I am looking Al craft

I right-click on the flightgear icon and it show me the content package option (contents / resources / data / Al / Aircraft) and there shows me all the planes I enter in the folder and then show me all the liveries and then I take the png and xml file and place it inside the file of the plane I select but it doesn't work when I going to choose the livery inside the simulator , I really appreciate you can help me .
Alexis07

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 pm

you cannot use AI craft liveries on regular craft you fly... they are not designed the same...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Alexis07 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 pm

Ok , Thank you for explain me
Alexis07

Return to Liveries