Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Nok Air Virtual Airlines

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Nok Air Virtual Airlines

Postby NokAirVirtual » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:24 am

Hi,
I have a group of around 10 people and we are currently working on a Virtual Airline. Our Virtual Airline has not gone public yet but it will. We are based on the Thai Low-Cost Carrier "Nok Air". If you want to help, please make several Nok Air Liverys for the 737-800, Sab 340, and the ATR 72. Email IFPSCompany@gmail.com if you have any other Enquires. Thank you :D
NokAirVirtual

Re: Nok Air Virtual Airlines

Postby Johan G » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:16 pm

You can probably have a successful try at making a livery yourselves. ;)

See the article Howto:Edit a livery on the FlightGear wiki.

As for the paintkits the article is talking about they can be found on the Boeing 737-800 page on the livery database and ATR-72-500/Models/Liveries/paintkit.xcf. As for the Saab 340, I do not know.

As with most creative work, start by looking at photos of aircraft with liveries you like, then make some sketches with different variants of liveries you consider and compare them with each other, and only as a last step, make the livery and put it into FlightGear. You can expect both some trial and error, tweaking and in the beginning doubts, but the process and the finished livery will grow on you and will hopefully give a sense of pride some time after you are finished. :)

For many people with some artistic skills, making liveries is one of the easier ways to get into contributing to FlightGear (though it still involves a bit of trial and error to get it to work).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby NokAirVirtual » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you, Johan G. Would you be interested in helping us by making 1 or two 737-800 liverys for Nok Air? If so please E-mail IFPSCompany@gmail.com :)
NokAirVirtual

Postby Johan G » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Not really. I was/am trying to lure/tease you into making them yourselves... ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby NokAirVirtual » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:35 pm

No worries, I have started making a livery. Thank you for your support :)
NokAirVirtual

Return to Liveries