Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

f6f-Bombable invisibility problem

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

f6f-Bombable invisibility problem

Postby chriscalef » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:48 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had problems loading the f6f-Bombable. I can fly the plane but am getting no visible cockpit or plane models, I am just a point in space flying like a f6f Hellcat. All of the textures and ac files etc are present in my fgdata directory, I haven't figured out why they don't display yet. Running stock FG3 download with Bombable, on windows 7.
chriscalef

Re: f6f-Bombable invisibility problem

Postby hvengel » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Have you imported any of the models into Blender to see what they look like? The *.ac export in Blender is particular about what it exports and it is possible to export so little of a model that it could appear invisible (IE. the part(s) of the model actually exported could be located where you would not see them from the cockpit or/and these could be very small).
hvengel
Retired

Postby chriscalef » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 am

Yeah, everything looks fine in Blender, and it's all stock with the Bombable download, I have not modified anything. Seems like it must be some kind of path problem in my xml files or something...
chriscalef

Postby hvengel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 am

If it was a path problem in the XML FG would let you know in the command line window and depending on what is missing FG might not even start. But you might also check for things like file or path case issues and fully specified (IE. not relative) paths in the exported *.ac.
hvengel
Retired

Return to Liveries