Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Crj liveries not working

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Crj liveries not working

Postby AutizmoWizmo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:33 am

Hi I have recently been using the crj and I have found it very annoying that the liveries are not working I am using the default hanger version of the crj
AutizmoWizmo

Re: Crj liveries not working

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:45 pm

what version of FG are you using?
which hanger(s) do you have defined in the launcher's hanger section?
which CRJ are you speaking of? i find CRJ-200 and CRJ700-family... CRJ700-family includes CRJ-700 and CRJ-1000 craft...

the CRJ-200 appears to have 8 livery XMLs but only 7 have the needed PNG files... the PNGs for the broken one appear to be one directory level too high... in other words, those two PNG files need to be moved from Models to Models/Liveries... the model's Model XML file appears to load the livery switching object properly...

i cannot tell how the CRJ700-family stuff is doing liveries... apparently they are not using the existing livery object... at least, not that i can find...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Husky Dynamics » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 am

Based on the file structure, the CRJ700-family appears to still have everything in the normal Models/Liveries folder arrangement (and loads new textures via the standard <livery></livery> tags), with the exception that from within /Liveries, there is an additional set of folders for each variant. However, it also appears that the 700LR, 900LR, 1000ER, and 1000-Eurolite only have blank white liveries available.
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Husky Dynamics wrote in Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 am:(and loads new textures via the standard <livery></livery> tags)

yeah, i'm not familiar with how that works... i like the liveries object... it is much easier as you only need to put the liveries in the directory and the object enumerates them to create the list(s) of liveries for you to choose from... the other way just seems too manual on the dev...

Husky Dynamics wrote in Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:54 am:with the exception that from within /Liveries, there is an additional set of folders for each variant. However, it also appears that the 700LR, 900LR, 1000ER, and 1000-Eurolite only have blank white liveries available.

i noticed that, too...

now if the OP will respond and answer the questions, we might have a better idea of where to look for the problem they appear to be having ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Liveries