Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Build questions

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Build questions

Postby xlander » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:25 am

I just built FlightGear from source for the first time. It runs beautifully and the new airplanes are a blast to fly! Although it went pretty smoothly, I have some questions on the build process for someone with more experience. This is on a pretty generic Linux box.

* I checked out FlightGear-0.9 from CVS, as listed on the anonymous CVS instruction page. Is that the right version of the source code? Should I be getting a particular branch or tag?

* I'm building FlightGear on OpenSceneGraph. However, configure and make of FlightGear fail unless SimGear and plib are present. Yet fgfs runs fine if I delete them after make. Can I get rid of SimGear and plib altogether and still be able to build FlightGear?

* fgfs is linked to both GLUT and SDL. That can't be right can it? I configured with --disable-glut --enable-sdl, it didn't seem to make any difference. Any ideas on how to make it pick one or the other?

Thanks!

~xlander
xlander

Return to Installation