Board index FlightGear Support Installation

run problem 19.1.0 in Ubuntu(64)

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

run problem 19.1.0 in Ubuntu(64)

Postby dilbert » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:03 pm

Problem just happened. Don't know why.
When I run get message "Can't cd to install/flightgear/bin
However, when Iook in dnc-managed/flightgear/install/flightgear/bin, bin is there.
Any help would be appreciated.
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Re: run problem 19.1.0 in Ubuntu(64)

Postby Parnikkapore » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:25 am

Let me guess: You installed FlightGear using download_and_compile.sh, then ran run_fgfs.sh - which gave the aforementioned error?

Does dnc-managed/install/flightgear/bin/ exist?

Are you running a copy of or a symlink to run_fgfs.sh?
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby dilbert » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Thanks for the response.
Parnikkapore wrote in Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:25 am:Let me guess: You installed FlightGear using download_and_compile.sh, then ran run_fgfs.sh - which gave the aforementioned error?

No, it was an old installation-2019. I think I mistakenly uninstalled and restored the flightgear.ini and screwed things up. Which was dumb.

In Recent about that time of day I see: registryx86_64bin .cash/gstreamer-1.0

I may have tried to run before flightgear.ini file was restored, thereby creating a registry problem.

Does dnc-managed/install/flightgear/bin/ exist?

Yes, but the directory structure is different: dnc-managed/flightgear/install/flightgear/bin .

/bin is complete.

It looks like copying /install/flightgear/bin up to /dnc-managed/ might work, but I'm hesitant, having already been burned messing.

Speculate directory structure could have been related to a 32 versus 64 bit installation. In which case, some form of path restoration would be the correct
approach, instead.

Over my head at that point.

Hope /bin being present may somehow enable recovery, as this is an old flightgear installation and old Ubuntu version, making redownloading problematical.

Are you running a copy of or a symlink to run_fgfs.sh?
no
dilbert

Postby dilbert » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Aah made a separate directory: /flightgearnew
copied fgmeta and dnc-managed to it.
copied /install up from /dnc-managed/flightgear to /dnc-managed in /flightgear new and ran.

It worked. So I deleted the surplus directory in flightgearnew and the original flightgear app directory, and renamed /flightgearnew to /flightgear.

Now, everything runs correctly : Launcher working correctly, back at home base, custom planes and scenery working. :D

Think I'm out of the forest. Thanks again for the help. The absence of /install from dnc-managed was the clue.

Kind Regards

alternate
dilbert

Return to Installation