Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Help tutorial issues

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Help tutorial issues

Postby iokhahon » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:41 pm

FlightGear version: 2020.3.12 compiled from source
Arch Linux
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8259U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Processor Graphics · Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655 ; Graphics Base Frequency. 300 MHz
Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency. 1.05 GHz ; Graphics Video Max Memory. 32 GB.

When I start the straight-in landing tutorial the Cessna is flying straight up over the sea and stalls almost immediately, it's almost impossible to recover.
I am guessing the tutorial file is corrupted somehow from the original?
Can someone please tell me where the tutorial control files are located so I can try replacing the offending one, or suggest how I could fix it?
Also I see there were problems reported with the taxing tutorial which I was also unable to complete after many hours of "driving around", I turned on debug but it didn't really help me determine where I was expected to be on the runway.
If someone can give me some insight into how the tutorials work I would be happy to try and figure out how to complete the taxing one and post the answer on the forum.
Many thanks in advance for any help offered.
iokhahon

Re: Help tutorial issues

Postby iokhahon » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:35 am

I solved the stalling problem myself, it seems that restarting the tutorial does not reset the state of the aircraft, if you were unfortunate enough to crash while attempting the landing and restart the tutorial, then your aircraft could be in stall or dive. Restarting FlightGear seems to reset the aircraft back to a happy state. I still haven't managed to complete the taxing tutorial, so any help identifying where you need to end up is still welcome.
iokhahon

Re: Help tutorial issues

Postby TheEagle » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:39 am

To complete the taxiing tutorial you need to be at or below a certain distance from a certain point somewhere on the airport - to find out it's coordinates open up $FG_DATA/Aircraft/c172p/Tutorials/taxiing.xml and scroll down to the <targets> section - there you have latitude and longitude of each of the three points.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Installation