Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Mac FlightGear Not Working

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Mac FlightGear Not Working

Postby uae » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:00 am

So yesterday I downloaded FlightGear. Please note I am running a top of the line 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel). Yesterday it wasn't launching, and then I just gave up on it. Today I relaunched it for the memes but it actually launched. When I downloaded an airplane, selected a location, and then pressed 'fly'. The app quits, and an Apple prompt saying 'fgfs quit unexpectedly'. I am running MacOS Big Sur (intel i5). I did once manage to get it to not show (the error), but no game launched.

Thanks,
Jaiveer Talwar
uae

Re: Mac FlightGear Not Working

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:37 pm

Isn't there an error report that you can share when you see that message where it "quit unexpectedly"? Without any more details its hard to see how it could be fixed.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: Mac FlightGear Not Working

Postby Johan G » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm

A copy of the the first and last dozen or so lines of the log file might be of help for us. For help on where it is on a Mac see https://wiki.flightgear.org/Commonly_used_debugging_tools#fgfs.log
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Installation