Board index FlightGear Support Installation

which osx best for FG? need advise?

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

which osx best for FG? need advise?

Postby ShepherdKai » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:06 am

My Mac spec is Currently OSX Version 10.6.8
MacMini (Mid 2010 Model: Macmini 4,1)
2 .4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDA GenForce 320Momegle xender
Currently running Flight Gear Version 3.2 (=the highest compatible version for this OX S)

Am upgrading system to new one above version 10.6.8. Currently am running Flight Gear Version 3.2 (*=This is the highest compatible FG version that works with the OS X system currently running on my Mac mini.)
I've read here that some versions of FG do not run well, or at all, with certain Mac OS x system versions. Am afraid to install a new OS X that may not run FG. Thus

My question:
Need anyones advise Which Mac OS X would be the best system to choose for FG? Which would run FG the best?
Last edited by ShepherdKai on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShepherdKai

Re: which osx best for FG? need advise?

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:28 pm

newer M1 systems might have problems but the previous problems that occurred when apple updated the OSes are no longer a problem...

as for which FG to use, get the latest release available for your OS... at this time, that should be 2020.3(.8)...
Last edited by wkitty42 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: which osx best for FG? need advise?

Postby bioscz » Sat May 29, 2021 9:31 am

i've too OS 10.6.8 and use FG 2.6 , but now much time have crashed and stopped image while it's in execution , I don't Know how to recharge same version FG 2.6 , but i don't want to lose all data present in y imac ,
or charge FG 3.2 . i had try 3.2 but it don't play ,
please can you tell me where found FG 3.2 version or how to recharge FG 2.6 with same all data (scenary aircraft etc )that i have now
thank u
bioscz

Return to Installation