Board index FlightGear Support Installation

No HD Scenery Graphical Download?  Topic is solved

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

No HD Scenery Graphical Download?

Postby Husky Dynamics » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm

So I was on the FlightGear website planning to go through and re-download some of my scenery (primarily Alaska and the US West Coast), and I noticed that the "graphical installer" or whatever they called it (where you clicked a 10x10 degree square on the world map to download the scenery for that chunk) no longer appears to be available, and that the only way now to get the v2.0.1 scenery is through TerraSync, which I can't use due to limited bandwidth. Does anyone know if it is still possible to get the WS2.0 scenery manually, or do I need to downgrade to 1.0?
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Re: No HD Scenery Graphical Download?

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 pm

have you looked at terramaster? it allows you to download selected portions of scenery and will install them in the scenery directory you tell it to use...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Husky Dynamics » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:11 am

I'd forgotten that Terramaster existed! Thanks for reminding me!

Took me a little while to figure out how to get it set up but I think I have it working now. I'll check it in the morning and make sure everything still looks and runs fine.

UPDATE: I have discovered that it takes way too long to download the whole US West Coast plus Alaska and part of Canada, so I'm redoing it in smaller sections. Seems to work though. Thanks again for the help!
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Postby OE-LML » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:04 pm

Hallo!

I also usually downloaded (v2.0.1) scenery from http://www.flightgear.org/download/scenery/ and really liked the world map where you could choose the 10°x10° tiles.
TerraSync doesn't really work for me and I don't want to use any additional program for scenery download like TerraMaster.
Is it still somehow possible to download and install the latest official scenery manually via internet browser?

Thanks in advance.
CU.
OE-LML

Postby OE-LML » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:06 pm

OE-LML wrote in Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:04 pm:Is it still somehow possible to download and install the latest official scenery manually via internet browser?

help pls.
thx.
OE-LML

Return to Installation