Board index FlightGear Support Installation

update to latest install now no plane file

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

update to latest install now no plane file

Postby scrat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Hello,
Hope someone can help me. Have been using Flightgear for quite a few platforms. Latest install to newest version. Loads and plays ok.
But on the top bar left corner under file. You would have joystick/ sound etc as a drop down list.
I use this to change my Aero plane to another from the Aero plane drop down menu.
But this is missing on this install, and have to quit, then relaunch to get back onto start page for plane selection. Nothing has changed on my Windows 10.
As past versions of flightgear have worked straight away.
Many thanks,
Scrat
scrat

Re: update to latest install now no plane file

Postby zakalawe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Hi Scrat,

The feature to change planes in-side the sim was experimental, it will hopefully return in the future but it caused some problems and crashes for some users. So for the moment you need to go back to the start page to change planes, sorry.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby scrat » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Many thanks for that info, it worked well on previous versions. When you say start page do you mean to quit and relaunch or is there a faster way. thanks.
scrat

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:38 am

yes, you have to quit and restart to get back to the launcher to select a new craft...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Robertfm » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:34 pm

Latest version 2020.3.8 is not showing in Download central. Also the version elsewhere is showing as just 2020.3
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Return to Installation