Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Simulation won't start

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Simulation won't start

Postby ghenghisstar » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered previously(though I couldn't find any similar topics.. ), but, after freshly installing FG on Win10, I cannot get beyond pressing the "Fly!" button - application just exits. If i run FG from cmd, it gets stuck on "Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll". I do not use the default installation location, rather using folder on another disk. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..
ghenghisstar

Re: Simulation won't start

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:32 pm

see that pink box up there? ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby ShermanRanger » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 am

ghenghisstar wrote in Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:01 pm:Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered previously(though I couldn't find any similar topics.. ), but, after freshly installing FG on Win10, I cannot get beyond pressing the "Fly!" button - application just exits. If i run FG from cmd, it gets stuck on "Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll". I do not use the default installation location, rather using paper writing service folder on another disk. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..

Did you try to reinstall? Sometimes reinstallation often solves many issues.
ShermanRanger

Postby zakalawe » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:40 pm

ghenghisstar wrote in Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:01 pm:Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered previously(though I couldn't find any similar topics.. ), but, after freshly installing FG on Win10, I cannot get beyond pressing the "Fly!" button - application just exits. If i run FG from cmd, it gets stuck on "Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll". I do not use the default installation location, rather using folder on another disk. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..

The good news is your crashes will be reported to the crash-reporting system already (unless you turned it off, of course). I'd check carefully your graphics driver (are there updates available for it?), as well as following the information in the pink box.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Return to Installation