Board index FlightGear Support Installation

how to return to the start/home/quick menu?

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

how to return to the start/home/quick menu?

Postby agathosdaimon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:13 pm

Hi
when FG starts up i love the menu screen that is offered - an easy whey to set airports and aircraft and settings. once i go to fly, i cant find any way to get back to this menu, is there a way to do this? hitting escape just exits the game
agathosdaimon

Re: how to return to the start/home/quick menu?

Postby Johan G » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:35 pm

While you can not select another aircraft without exiting FlightGear, you can chose another airport. This will probably mess up some aircraft though.

I have not tested it myself, but some users work around those limitations by using a 3rd party launcher. FFGo seem to be a popular choice. As I understand it, it will be there when you exit FlightGear, making choosing another aircraft a bit less tedious.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby agathosdaimon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:55 pm

okay thanks Johan - can you tell me also how do i stop the AI traffic just ignoring and rolling through me - i am sitting on the runway and teh AI traffic is aweosome but i would prefer if it acknowledge my presence and not just be taking off while i am already on the runway, just clipping through me
agathosdaimon

Postby Johan G » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Unfortunately for now the AI traffic is not developed far enough to be aware that you are there. In addition if there is problems with the underlying description of the parkings and taxiways they tend to bunch up.

If you are too annoyed by it you can turn off the AI traffic by unchecking Enable AI traffic in Main Menu > AI > Traffic and Scenario Settings.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Installation