Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Delete airport entries from launcher mask

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Delete airport entries from launcher mask

Postby Micha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 pm

Newbie question (I hope this is the correct section):
I uninstalled some scenery by simply deleting the relevant subfolders in the FlightGear scenery folder. This worked fine.
However, the airports which I tried out from these deleted sceneries are still listed in the Qt launcher mask when I start FlightGear. Being a tidy person I would like to delete these unnecessary entries. Is this possible? There is no delete button.
Micha

I have Windows 10, FG 2020.3.5
Micha

Re: Delete airport entries from launcher mask

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:39 pm

All airports are always shown for selection (i.e. turn up when searching for them), having a scenery installed or not just means that you will see terrain at the airport or not. If you want to remove them from the list that shows up when clicking on the Location tab of the launcher, i.e. your airport search history, this currently doesn't seem possible without manually editing the respective files in your FG user directory, but could be a feature to add.
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby Micha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Thank you for the reply. Then I will just have to live with it...
Micha

Postby Husky Dynamics » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:58 pm

If you pick enough airports, eventually the old ones will get cycled out of the list (which can be annoying if you're trying to remember that one airport from last month though).
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Return to Installation