Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Does FGCom work?

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Does FGCom work?

Postby efel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:07 am

hello
does FGCom work? After checking the parameters (echotest and display messages +, entering the frequency in Com1), I will not appear in Live Status
efel

Version: v 2020.4

Re: Does FGCom work?

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 pm

fgcom is built into fg... not sure what scenario one might want to use the external tool for...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Does FGCom work?

Postby benih » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm

wkitty, i would expect FGCom users to show up on the status page.
At least i did show up on it when connecting the internal FGCom implementation.

The last time i checked (months ago), i was not able to get it working, and it seems to be broken for quite some time now...
  • There is currently an effort from @TheKezStrel to set up another server. That seems to work with selected airports until you change your radio's frequency.
  • Another effort is currently in alpha state, but if you are on linux, you may try it out: http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGCom-mumble
    There are no users on it yet, but it should be full working. I would be happy to test this with you.
    edit: i prepared a binary version of mumble for you to try out: http://fgcom.hallinger.org/mumble-fgcom-test.tar.gz
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Return to Installation